[BBC News] Bus workers in favour of strike

Newsbot

Sack them, theres plenty would be glad of a job on the busses, miserable sods the lot of them. Time they did away with all these unions and councils, work if you want to work & be grateful to have a job :D

Seconded. Have they looked at Ireland over the weekend - government workers pay freezes and pension levy's. They are paid too much already and there would be a queue of people waiting to get their jobs if they don't want them.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...sNnMxYl0ZbagLrw

Edited to add link.

Let's reduce everyone to the lowest comment denominator, let's grind everyone down until there's nothing left apart from a basic desire not to die, and pay them on that basis.

Lets face it lots of people are actually worried about losing their jobs. Bus drivers as long as you don't turn up for work pissed or do a bit of kiddy fiddling on the side its a job guaranteed for life with guaranteed pay increases and a good pension (guaranteed too). Its impossible to lose your job so what the *** are they complaining about? They're not going to be out on their arse if the economy turns are they? Bloody lucky if you ask me.

Lets face it lots of people are actually worried about losing their jobs. Bus drivers as long as you don't turn up for work pissed or do a bit of kiddy fiddling on the side its a job guaranteed for life with guaranteed pay increases and a good pension (guaranteed too). Its impossible to lose your job so what the *** are they complaining about? They're not going to be out on their arse if the economy turns are they? Bloody lucky if you ask me.

Are you envious or just stupid? What's wrong with people have steady, secure, well paid jobs with a decent pension?

As for 'impossible to lose your job' - the facts really don't support you on that one.

If you think bus drivers are bloody lucky, train up to be a bus driver and apply next time a job comes up - it's not exactly bus science.....

i think your a bus driver :D

Are you envious or just stupid? What's wrong with people have steady, secure, well paid jobs with a decent pension?

As for 'impossible to lose your job' - the facts really don't support you on that one.

If you think bus drivers are bloody lucky, train up to be a bus driver and apply next time a job comes up - it's not exactly bus science.....

I do have a bus licence, I did apply for a job and was told that only 10 people are allowed to apply each year and a waiting list exists for those 10.

It's like the post office, protectionism and nepotism. Also Tynwald.

theres nowt wrong with ppl haveing a steady, secure, well paid jobs with a decent pension, its when these ppl take the piss, like thay seam to be doing,

thay should be lucky there not getting laid off, let alone wanting more cash and things,

let the feckers go on strike, then sake them, bet thay dont go on strike any way, that take back bone, and would lose them a days wagers, so theres a big no no to start with

Archived