Move To Man ?

islandwoman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hunyani

Are you out your tiny fucken mind?

You will be better off in Zimbabwe, at least you wont get ripped off.

Ferry services in the Highlands and Islands are subsidised. There is no subsidy here. The airport runway is short, and can't take bigger planes which might help to reduce airfares. So basically, getting on and off the island is expensive.

I disagree about the service on the ferry, though. It's friendly and helpful in my not inconsiderable experience, spanning nearly 40 years.

S

Sorry have I missed something? Do we have the travelling numbers to fill these bigger planes that you are thinking my want to come and compete? I have traveled regularly on and off the Island for over 30 years and, apart from the odd trip to Heathrow, hae never encountered a full plane nor one that I could not get on at the very last minute due to it being full! Wake up, Ryanair and Easyjet will never come here and be grateful with what you have...... I have no complaints!

The Isle of Man has a higher GDP than Zimbabwe.

And we repair our roads. Endlessly.

Have you seen Peel Road in Doglas, the Promenade, the road from Peel to Port Erin via the Slough etc etc etc. Zimbabwe at least has the vehicles that can be no longer wrecked by them!!

The only roads that get repaired expensively and at huge discomfort to the travelling public through total abject planning by management (not overly assisted by them that works on them) are those with MHK's living at the end of them..........Douglas Road, Castletown to name just five!!

Archived