[BBC News] Government spends £713,000 on PR

Newsbot

By the way I'm not happy with the 6 figure sum spent either, my argument was with your inability to understand that PR for the IOM does not equate to a few press releases and articles in local media.

Slinkydevil you are right that PR for the IOM needs to go beyond the local media - we have certain economic issues that need to be supported by a well worked out and consistent PR strategy. What concerns me is this quote from the BBC news item:

Five full time public relations staff are employed across nine government departments, he said, while a further two staff spend some time on PR duties. External PR agencies both on and off the island are also employed, he added.

As I mentioned above Tony Brown did not say what they do - I assume that some of them deal with major issues that effect the future prospects of the Island. But what do the others do? It would also be interesting to know how much we spend on the big issues for the Island and how much for day to day local media and public communications.

Hey we can play a childish tit-for-tat game on spelling if you like? "kerbside coloections."

By the way I'm not happy with the 6 figure sum spent either, my argument was with your inability to understand that PR for the IOM does not equate to a few press releases and articles in local media.

You carry on though. <_<

Thanks for that.

I do understand that external PR for the IOM does not equate to local press releases.

I am saying that a small education department doesn't need to employ a fulltime PR.

I wonder if the powers that be actually realise that the greatest portal of world publicity for the Isle of Man will be through Mark Cavendish this year. He is destined to be the most successful 'British' sportsman in 2009 and should be contracted to act as an ambassador for the Island. I say this as he will continue to feature on international news/sports programmes and appear in the newspapers in a positive way that could promote our Island.

Alternatively, we could wait until this place shuts down as a finance centre and that will hit the headlines for a few days or so.

Hey we can play a childish tit-for-tat game on spelling if you like? "kerbside coloections."

You carry on though. <_<

Thanks for that.

I do understand that external PR for the IOM does not equate to local press releases.

I am saying that a small education department doesn't need to employ a fulltime PR.

I was under the impression that PR was but a small part of the duties.

Guest hunyani

You should see how much they spent on the wedding cake re-vamp.

Mahogony lined doors for fuck sake, that none of you suckers will EVER get to see.

Archived