Losing Your Job And Irish Jokes

La_Dolce_Vita

Okay.... but how about a funny joke that doesn't?

There was a man called Lonan3,

who drove around in a taxiee

It wasn't a rumour

he had no sense of humour

and he smells very badly of wee.

oh, good point. that's offensive against Lonan3's :D:lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But isn't any joke poking fun at someone/something?

Whether it is blond jokes, irishman jokes, religion, the disabled, countries,?... list goes on..

Find a joke that doesn't.

what's a brown and sticky?

a stick

What do you call a man with no arms, no legs and no torso floating in the sea?

Bob

What do you call a melon with dyslexia?

a lemon.

that's 3 already :D

But out of those 3 jokes, no2 is about somebody with body parts missing (ie disabled? rough line but its there, I wouldn't fancy telling that to someone who's had a arm/leg etc aputated...), no3 is dyslexia (so poking fun people with dyslexia).

That was my only point really, in most jokes its aimed at someone or a "group" and they'll always offend someone down the line.....

Whether it is blond jokes, irishman jokes, religion, the disabled, countries,?... list goes on..

a stick

Bob

a lemon.

But out of those 3 jokes, no2 is about somebody with body parts missing (ie disabled? rough line but its there, I wouldn't fancy telling that to someone who's had a arm/leg etc aputated...), no3 is dyslexia (so poking fun people with dyslexia).

That was my only point really, in most jokes its aimed at someone or a "group" and they'll always offend someone down the line.....

yeah but no.

you can't be alive if you are just a head (yet)... and I can see you might feel uncomfortable telling it to someone with no arms and no legs, but how many of them do you meet regularly?!?

Also, I'd tell it to an amputee. No problems. Just because they've had a leg/arm removed, doesn't mean they've also had their sense of humour removed as well.

dyslexia is a recognised condition. fact. the subject of the joke is a melon. How can a melon be offended? Unless they have invented sentient melons...

Nothing wrong with the stick one then?!

not having a go, see what you're getting at, but I just disagree with the suggestion that "any joke is poking fun at someone/something". Granted a lot of humour is derived from the misfortune of others, but that is not the only facet to humour.

and my final attempt :-

What do you call a fly with no legs?

A walk.

:D

Fair point, but melons can't have dyslexia as they're melons so IMO its indirectly its aimed at people with dyslexia, But would you also agree its difficult to find a joke that isn't about something.

Its just the reactions posted above, I find must jokes make me laugh, although one side of me knows "oh thats a bit bad"... but the other side "but it did make me chuckle".

I'll give a for instance, these posted by Albert tatlock :

I said to the missus that she was "the double of Kate Moss". "Really?" she said, "Yes, really...Kate's 9 stone and your frickin 18 stone".

Steven Gerrard has apologised for his recent behaviour in a Southport bar. He said he knows he is a role model for the youth of Liverpool and bitterly regrets not knifing the cunt and nicking his car.

Last night I shagged a woman with brittle bone disease...what a little cracker she was.

Police have finally admitted they got it wrong in the shooting of Jean Charles de Menez. It was his naughty brother they were after; Dennis de Menez.

Now all are offensive to someone, but thats a typical in pub/work joke.

a stick

Bob

a lemon.

What do you call a fly with no wings..? A walk...

Steven Gerrard has apologised for his recent behaviour in a Southport bar. He said he knows he is a role model for the youth of Liverpool and bitterly regrets not knifing the cunt and nicking his car.

now thats a cracker ..

wife was looking at herself in the mirror .. she says my boobs need enlarged .. what do you think .. i said ok you should just rub them each day with a handful of tissue and they will grow naturally over a period of time...

she says get away that will never work .. i says it did for your ass didnt it..

3 lads in a lap dancing club were watchin a buxom blonde gyrating on the pool. The newcastle lad stuck £20 on her left buttock.Not to be out done the lad from wign stick £30 on her right buttock. the lad from liverpool swiped the visa down the crack of her arse and took the £50 cash back!!!!

3 lads in a lap dancing club were watchin a buxom blonde gyrating on the pool. The newcastle lad stuck £20 on her left buttock.Not to be out done the lad from wign stick £30 on her right buttock. the lad from liverpool swiped the visa down the crack of her arse and took the £50 cash back!!!!

and the gold chain around her neck.

now i know its racial .. however it amused me .. should humour be subject to all the PC garbbage anyway..

Brilliant. I haven't heard someone use the old "I'm no racist, but..." thing in a while. What an absolute cretin.

If you think that's funny, you're a racist. And for you to suggest that to be offended by something like that is being overly sensitive or politically correct is such a poor excuse I don't know where to start.

In fact I do know where to start. Throw yourself off a cliff and do us all a favour.

now i know its racial .. however it amused me ..

Finding out that you are a racist merely completes the picture I had of you as a poorly educated, inept, cowardly little man.

yeah nice to be throwing insults about whilst having the power to ban people.

takes a particularly brave type that..

i also know that by the same criteria brit is racist and so is manxi .. dont see any of us whinging about racism when you new labour type luvvies bandy manxi around tho do you..

now i know its racial .. however it amused me .. should humour be subject to all the PC garbbage anyway..

Brilliant. I haven't heard someone use the old "I'm no racist, but..." thing in a while. What an absolute cretin.

If you think that's funny, you're a racist. And for you to suggest that to be offended by something like that is being overly sensitive or politically correct is such a poor excuse I don't know where to start.

In fact I do know where to start. Throw yourself off a cliff and do us all a favour.

you could make a start by explaining why paki is offensive and manxi or brit isnt please..??

i happen to know in cricket circles in australia and india paki is quite an acceptable term to use for a pakistani and is not taken as any kind of slur by a pakistani in that respect .. even australian commentators use the reference..

how many people do you hear using the phrase chinkis to describe a food outlet.. ..racist..??

jokes about no69 that include the phrase racist..??

see the racism is in your own mind .. when terms are used in humour they are used without malice.

the same when indian and australian sportsmen and commentators/writers etc are talking sport....

Manx worker, Irish worker, Scots works and an English worker all decide to take a break from working on the Iris project, and head off to Liverpool on the boat to watch a football match. They are all out on deck, when the Englishman takes out a big cigar, lights it, takes two puffs from it, and then throws it overboard.

'Bejebus!', says the Irishman, 'What you throw that cigar away for?'. 'Oh!' says the Englishman 'they're two a penny where I come from'.

The Scotsman then takes a bottle of whiskey from his pocket, takes one swig, and throws the nearly full bottle overboard. When the Irishman asks why he did it, the Scotsman replies 'Because they're two a penny where I come from'.

The Englishman and the Scotsman look at the Manxman for a minute. And then the Manxman throws the Irishman, Scotsman and Englishman overboard.

Archived