Road Closed

bluenose 52

Can anybody tell me why the main Douglas to Peel Rd was closed to traffic at Crosby this afternoon, can't see anything on the local news and nothing as far as I know on the radio, had to go through Foxdale to get to Peel and as usual panda bloody monium due to the amount of traffic going through Foxdale. gerrr :angry:

In the case of unplanned closures such as accidents, they could surely bang out a release asap to local radio and get them to announce it straight away - when the next record is finished - as opposed to waiting for a news slot. That would mitigate any traffic consequences.

In the case of unplanned closures such as accidents, they could surely bang out a release asap to local radio and get them to announce it straight away - when the next record is finished - as opposed to waiting for a news slot. That would mitigate any traffic consequences.

Two scenarios here I think, something trivial and not worth mentioning or god forbid something really bad and there just not releasing any details as yet, really hope it is not the latter.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Crash-recon...open.5020624.jp

Crash reconstruction apparantly - it did say on IOM today earlier that it was going to be closed till about 3:30pm

Why can't they do things like this on a Sunday when the roads are a bit quieter, I dont know bloody stupid and inconvenient.

Must have forgot it was half term and though everyone would be at work and school.

Going a bit off topic here, I was watching Serious Crash Unit on Men & Motors last night and when they have a fatal accident, they do all the testing, paint multi colours all over the road, take pictures etc, like they do over here - but when they have finished doing all the photos etc, they get a tin of black spray paint and paint over all the marks, so as not to leave a constant reminder to those left behind of the accident. I think they should do something like that over here - esp as it's such a small Island - it would only take half an hour and then families wouldn't have to be constantly looking at all the marks of the accident. The roads around the Island are covered (well not covered but there are quite alot) in multi coloured spray marks showing the details of where someone lost their life

The marks should only really be removed once any court cases have finished as further tests could be done months after the accident and the marks would need to be used again. Personally I think the yellow marks act as a reminder to people that there has been a serious accident on that bit of road and maybe for them to slow down a little.

Going a bit off topic here, I was watching Serious Crash Unit on Men & Motors last night and when they have a fatal accident, they do all the testing, paint multi colours all over the road, take pictures etc, like they do over here - but when they have finished doing all the photos etc, they get a tin of black spray paint and paint over all the marks, so as not to leave a constant reminder to those left behind of the accident. I think they should do something like that over here - esp as it's such a small Island - it would only take half an hour and then families wouldn't have to be constantly looking at all the marks of the accident. The roads around the Island are covered (well not covered but there are quite alot) in multi coloured spray marks showing the details of where someone lost their life

I think the coloured markings are a good thing, if they remind people of the dangers of the road, and perhaps make them think about their own driving.

Besides that, they're worth it just for skeet value. "oh, i see what he did there. Straight into that tree."

I think the coloured markings are a good thing, if they remind people of the dangers of the road, and perhaps make them think about their own driving.

Besides that, they're worth it just for skeet value. "oh, i see what he did there. Straight into that tree."

instead of all these 'risk of skidding' signs everywhere with 20mph recomended ( what bollox that is ) they should just draw yellow lines everywhere and put a few bunches of flowers in the hedge. that should slow some folks down.

Archived