Dodgy Insurance Men

DRIVER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WORK PERMITS, The DTI are still giving them out freely, with nealy 500 construction workers now signed on at the DHSS the DTI are still alowing firms to bring labour in from off Island.

Callows Yard site are bringing Labour in, Poachers Pocket site also, and on other Government projects too. TheRefurbishment of the Rushen Abbey site was awarded to a contactor and the following week the Contractor was in court facing charges of not paying NI and Tax for a period of years, so it just shows that Government departments are not doing any checking.

WORK PERMITS, The DTI are still giving them out freely, with nealy 500 construction workers now signed on at the DHSS the DTI are still alowing firms to bring labour in from off Island.

well me mate just got turned down for his work permit and hes in construction, so him the gf, and the 3 year old kid have got to move away, and the girl is manx and the kid is as well, and she aint got a bad job, but she have to leave it,

so to be honest there not giveing them out freely,

well me mate just got turned down for his work permit and hes in construction, so him the gf, and the 3 year old kid have got to move away, and the girl is manx and the kid is as well, and she aint got a bad job, but she have to leave it,

Maybe he wanted a good rate of pay, one way of bringing the costs, down turn down existing permits and issue new ones to cheap labour. I noticed Irish Painting firms vans parked on the Prom tonight outside the Crescent site,M&M painters.

Maybe he wanted a good rate of pay, one way of bringing the costs, down turn down existing permits and issue new ones to cheap labour. I noticed Irish Painting firms vans parked on the Prom tonight outside the Crescent site,M&M painters.

cant see that some how,

to be fair, on some of the work here, i woulden pay half the lazy sods that come looking for a job, most time, u can get somebody from the uk, that knows what work is, and is worth paying for,

id like to add, thats not everybody is a lazy sod, but a fair few arent worth paying the minimal wage to

Callows Yard site are bringing Labour in, Poachers Pocket site also, and on other Government projects too. The Refurbishment of the Rushen Abbey site was awarded to a contractor and the following week the Contractor was in court facing charges of not paying NI and Tax for a period of years, so it just shows that Government departments are not doing any checking.

The contractor who was awarded the job at Rushen Abbey site (Haven Property Developments) was given the job long before the Isle of Man Government had charges brought against them for non-payment of N.I. The fact that the Government used a Local Contractor with Local Employees to help Local Business is exactly the point your moaning about with regards to work permits and them being given out left, right and centre.

From conception to completion a project through Government can take years, so you cannot expect them to Vet a contractor and know after 2 years that there was a problem at the beginning of a scheme when the chances are the company was in absolutely no trouble at that time.

By using Local companies we push more money, that us as taxpayers contribute back into the economy and therefore back to ourselves...

Callows Yard site are bringing Labour in, Poachers Pocket site also, and on other Government projects too. The Refurbishment of the Rushen Abbey site was awarded to a contractor and the following week the Contractor was in court facing charges of not paying NI and Tax for a period of years, so it just shows that Government departments are not doing any checking.

The contractor who was awarded the job at Rushen Abbey site (Haven Property Developments) was given the job long before the Isle of Man Government had charges brought against them for non-payment of N.I. The fact that the Government used a Local Contractor with Local Employees to help Local Business is exactly the point your moaning about with regards to work permits and them being given out left, right and centre.

From conception to completion a project through Government can take years, so you cannot expect them to Vet a contractor and know after 2 years that there was a problem at the beginning of a scheme when the chances are the company was in absolutely no trouble at that time.

By using Local companies we push more money, that us as taxpayers contribute back into the economy and therefore back to ourselves...

From Government.

No contractor will qualify for any Government projects if they are not fully upto date with NI and Tax or is in dispute with a Government department.

H

Manx National Heritage could not have done any checks on this company if they had they would have discovered that they had not be paying NI or Tax for their employees. A contractor has to pay all deductions from an employee on or before the 19th day of the month.

Page 43 explains the rules clearly

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/cso/corporate/S...italschemes.pdf

Thats right pay them half as much and they will work twice as long, Maybe Government should go down this road, Banks and finance houses too. We could end up with a few new Chinese takeaways.

who said anything of paying them half as much!!!!!

pay them a decent rate,

what i said was, theres ppl over here i woulden even think about employing, because there not worth paying,

From Government.

No contractor will qualify for any Government projects if they are not fully upto date with NI and Tax or is in dispute with a Government department.

H

Manx National Heritage could not have done any checks on this company if they had they would have discovered that they had not be paying NI or Tax for their employees. A contractor has to pay all deductions from an employee on or before the 19th day of the month.

Page 43 explains the rules clearly

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/cso/corporate/S...italschemes.pdf

One - nil.

to answer the original question its three days but it is not clear if that is per year, per job or per lifetime as three days in what is not specified

On that vagueness then John, I wonder then if some people are usurping those regulations by living across and 'working here' - by claiming the weekend and then Fri/Mon as travel days?

The work permit office need to make themselves 'a bit more public' over the coming months, including writing to employers, if they have any sense, as they are likely to come under a great deal of scruitiny soon IMO. There are clearly already a number of disgruntled local workers (many now unemployed) who once a bit more organised will no doubt soon start taking them to task via MHKs etc. I also think they need to start thinking about extending their 'restrictions' to far more other areas too.

I think 3 days per week would definitely fall outside. The definition is temporary period or periods not exceeding 3 days I paraphrase but you get the drift

Travelling Salesmen are also exempt

As are governors, police, miniters of religion and temporary advocates, but not full time ones!

Archived