Dodgy Insurance Men

DRIVER

And it's also like saying " Oh my God, a (insert derogatory racist slur here), I don't like the look of him". And, ("AFOREMENTIONED SLUR OUT NOW!, THEY'RE NOT LIKE US YOU KNOW!"). Imo.

One of the funniest things I've heard this year was a "Cockney" complaining to Cheeky Boy in Strand street a couple of months ago was that there were too many "Pakis" on the Island ! How ironic is that?

So just to clarify matters !

If you were not born here you are all the same to me , regardless of colour or race :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will second that.

as for that combined insurance of america crew .. you only have to listen too them to know what they are all about.

however i do know someone who when ill got paid full wages for a set period .. he used to join that lot and successfully milk them and his employers on a regular basis as he made more being of ill sunbathing than working.. but that was back in the 80s. or maybe early 90s. not sure.

:rolleyes:

for my famly, all manx person on isl very happi if you hard workin an food cheepy cheepy cheepy

sorri forget,

jus 1 person not very happi

hav big shits for 1 week an mak lot troubl :( :( :(

we mus cleenin restarant every were

but say tol man not restarant faullt

Thats right pay them half as much and they will work twice as long, Maybe Government should go down this road, Banks and finance houses too. We could end up with a few new Chinese takeaways.

Now that Allan Bell has earmarked £130m in construction projects to 'save' manx jobs in the construction industry the government departments need to get off their arses and do a full audit of every business that successfully gets a contract on any of the projects: how many work permit holders, why they are there, why they are needed, and full details of the company recruitment procedures.

All I can see evidence of is the same old PPF recuitment process on many of these projects - paddies, poles and filipenos when the manx taxpayers are paying to get these (often unnecessary) projects up. If politically this money is being released to 'save manx construction jobs' they should be damn well making sure that this is actually what is happening.

Exactly. We've got a 'pothole reporting' thread on here - let's have a 'Dob an immigrant worker with/without a new work permit' thread. I can see it working well.

:rolleyes:

for my famly, all manx person on isl very happi if you hard workin an food cheepy cheepy cheepy

sorri forget,

jus 1 person not very happi

hav big shits for 1 week an mak lot troubl :( :( :(

we mus cleenin restarant every were

but say tol man not restarant faullt

Oh, do give it a rest.

H

Manx National Heritage could not have done any checks on this company if they had they would have discovered that they had not be paying NI or Tax for their employees. A contractor has to pay all deductions from an employee on or before the 19th day of the month.

If they were paying there NI and Deductions at the time the project started then of course no one new about it... The point was that the company in question defaulted with regards to there NI after the project started

My knowledge on this matter is that they made a deal with Gov't to pay their arrears of statutory obligations and then just as soon as they were awarded the contract, stuck two fingers up at Gov't and sailed off into the sunset with all the profits in their back pocket.

That was ages ago and since then I think I've seen them in the paper a few times for continuing to fail to pay NI.....

WORK PERMITS, The DTI are still giving them out freely, with nealy 500 construction workers now signed on at the DHSS the DTI are still alowing firms to bring labour in from off Island.

well me mate just got turned down for his work permit and hes in construction, so him the gf, and the 3 year old kid have got to move away, and the girl is manx and the kid is as well, and she aint got a bad job, but she have to leave it,

so to be honest there not giveing them out freely,

so he must have an unspent criminal conviction then?

All I can see evidence of is the same old PPF recuitment process on many of these projects - paddies, poles and filipenos when the manx taxpayers are paying to get these (often unnecessary) projects up. If politically this money is being released to 'save manx construction jobs' they should be damn well making sure that this is actually what is happening.
Exactly. We've got a 'pothole reporting' thread on here - let's have a 'Dob an immigrant worker with/without a new work permit' thread. I can see it working well.

IF these projects are REALLY needed then we need the skills to do them. The IOMG keeps saying that unemployment is low here. You talk about " paddies, poles and filipinos" being used on projects. How many of the locals who are unemployed are skilled builders and other tradespeople? If there are not enough unemployed skilled local folk then projects to employ them won't be able to proceed for lack of available skills. If the Government wants to get local skilled tradespeople back into work then bringing in a number of skilled "paddies, pole and filipinos" may be necessary.

The last thing that I want is for taxpayers to pay for make-work projects that don't have the skills needed to do them properly!

IF these projects are REALLY needed then we need the skills to do them. The IOMG keeps saying that unemployment is low here. You talk about " paddies, poles and filipinos" being used on projects. How many of the locals who are unemployed are skilled builders and other tradespeople? If there are not enough unemployed skilled local folk then projects to employ them won't be able to proceed for lack of available skills. If the Government wants to get local skilled tradespeople back into work then bringing in a number of skilled "paddies, pole and filipinos" may be necessary.

The last thing that I want is for taxpayers to pay for make-work projects that don't have the skills needed to do them properly!

So you want to end up with more buildings like the new prison, hospital and he court house all in need of repairs.

Why have JCK lost the airport contract. Most of the tradesmen signed on dont appear on the unemployment figues as most have been self employed

Most of the tradesmen signed on dont appear on the unemployment figues as most have been self employed

You are officially mental.

If you sign on, you appear on the unemployment figures.

The issue is if self employed don't sign on, just because work has dried up. But, they should do.

Why have JCK lost the airport contract.

maybe there were crap the first time, or thay chargd to much, or may be thay found a better company to do the work,

maybe thay diden want it, or have the skills to do it, who knows

Archived