[BBC News] Man, 45, hurt in takeaway attack

Newsbot

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I find the response to this thread very interesting. If somebody dies in an accident which has apparently been influenced to a greater or lesser extent by the breaking of laws then there are a lot of posts complaining saying posters are not being respectful. All be it the posters may have stated their sympathy for family and friends but not the unfortunate deceased.

Somebody is apparently serioulsy assaulted outside KFC, in what circumstances I dio not know, and jokes about KFC etc flow. Now if the individual was or is a purely innocent party I know which of the two reactions I would finder harder to justify if I had a choice.

I have to admit I find the response to this thread very interesting. If somebody dies in an accident which has apparently been influenced to a greater or lesser extent by the breaking of laws then there are a lot of posts complaining saying posters are not being respectful. All be it the posters may have stated their sympathy for family and friends but not the unfortunate deceased.

Somebody is apparently serioulsy assaulted outside KFC, in what circumstances I dio not know, and jokes about KFC etc flow. Now if the individual was or is a purely innocent party I know which of the two reactions I would finder harder to justify if I had a choice.

I think the 'unwritten rule' has evolved to become everything happening on the island can be game, except for - and no way wishing to drag up old arguments by any means here - except for deceased locals who people on here might know, even if someone far away may think it humourous the way they met their demise (e.g. in much the same way we took the piss on here about the ballooning priest). Had the incident been that serious I think you would have found a totally different approach. We know from the report he is OK or will be.

Though you have to bear in mind no-one is actually joking about the guy involved - the humour is actually aimed around KFC.

It's the nature of humour, which I'm sure if you sign up at Bootle Polytechnic you'd probably be able to get a degree in.

Somebody is apparently serioulsy assaulted outside KFC, in what circumstances I dio not know, and jokes about KFC etc flow.

neither dio I - I'm just here to, like you say, joke about KFC.

edit: my lawyers would like to point out that none of my comments reflect the views of myself and KFC is an ethical and all round nice company. their food does definately not lead to violence.

kfcwitnesspro128498571037823750.jpg

It's the nature of humour, which I'm sure if you sign up at Bootle Polytechnic you'd probably be able to get a degree in.

There is no Polytechnic in Bootle. They have Hugh Baird College. I once knew a rather large girl who attended that august institution resulting in it thereafter being known as 'Huge Bird College' amongst my circle of acquaintances.

Archived