[BBC News] Man, 45, hurt in takeaway attack

Newsbot

I agree to an extent I just think it is interesting where the sensitivities lie. i.e it is fine to have jokes on a thread which is about somebody seriously injured who may be a totally innocent bystander injured but not about somebody deceased no matter what there character or how they might have contributed to their own death. I have no real issue with either as long as it is not malicous, I just think it is interesting

It sometimes fees that if Bin Laden was found on the IoM dying of a stoke with three kids any posts that said anything but what a nice man he was would be frowned up

I think the 'unwritten rule' has evolved to become everything happening on the island can be game, except for - and no way wishing to drag up old arguments by any means here - except for deceased locals who people on here might know, even if someone far away may think it humourous the way they met their demise (e.g. in much the same way we took the piss on here about the ballooning priest). Had the incident been that serious I think you would have found a totally different approach. We know from the report he is OK or will be.

Though you have to bear in mind no-one is actually joking about the guy involved - the humour is actually aimed around KFC.

It's the nature of humour, which I'm sure if you sign up at Bootle Polytechnic you'd probably be able to get a degree in.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree to an extent I just think it is interesting where the sensitivities lie. i.e it is fine to have jokes on a thread which is about somebody seriously injured who may be a totally innocent bystander injured but not about somebody deceased no matter what there character or how they might have contributed to their own death. I have no real issue with either as long as it is not malicous, I just think it is interesting

It sometimes fees that if Bin Laden was found on the IoM dying of a stoke with three kids any posts that said anything but what a nice man he was would be frowned up

Probably nobody here knows the poor bugger. All threads start like this until someone says "I knew him so stop saying stuff innit"

Oh god. a 'lady' from peel and a soggy bucket.. sounds like cocktail wednesdays in the creek :)

I'll take a stereotypical guess here.

Two youths (probably common and wearing some sort of sportswear) had some sort of dissagreement, one of them on the advice of his 'bird' 'left it, as the c00unt wasn't worf it'

Said c00unt, then followed Johnny Stocks (jozza to his mates) out of the eatery and proceeded to "kick off"

'Soggy biscuit' A male masturbation game?

WTF, I had to google it to find out and now wished that I never had. (BTW, NSFW :blush: Too late!)

I'm starting to realise that I'm either getting very old or other people are getting more and more depraved :ermm:

I'll never be able to accept a biscuit ever again when the bank manager offers them to me with the coffee icon8.gif

Oh, I forgot, they don't offer people like me coffee and biscuits. Thank fuck for that!

You could always join the masons - then you stand a good chance of penetrating your bank manager's intimate circle.

Oh god. a 'lady' from peel and a soggy bucket.. sounds like cocktail wednesdays in the creek :)

I'll take a stereotypical guess here.

Two youths (probably common and wearing some sort of sportswear) had some sort of dissagreement, one of them on the advice of his 'bird' 'left it, as the c00unt wasn't worf it'

Said c00unt, then followed Johnny Stocks (jozza to his mates) out of the eatery and proceeded to "kick off"

Well, you're almost certainly not far off, but for the obvious point that you should have read the title of the thread a little more carefully.

Archived