[BBC News] UK 'is losing £4bn tax offshore'

Newsbot

The UK is losing at least £4bn a year through residents holding money in offshore tax havens, the TUC says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/business/7917456.stm

Oh dear, how sad, never mind, my heart pumps purple piss for the loss of tax to the UK, ah well better in our coffer to waste than thiers.

The UK is losing at least £4bn a year through residents holding money in offshore tax havens, the TUC says.

So what the TUC is actually saying is that the UK Labour Government is losing the square root of b.gg.r all offshore when compared with what they have been pumping into the banks for limited benefit and a bit more than Mandy is putting into that Indian company Jaguar/Land Rover.

Given that the BoE is starting printing extra money this week £4bn. should be pretty easy to add to the pile if the UK has enough money to pay for the ink and paper.

Given that the BoE is starting printing extra money

Tsk Tsk - proper expression please - quantative easing - sounds much nicer.

'Losing' £4bn offshore to Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man is the least of their worries. At least that money is still in the system, and much of it heads into the city.

It's the couple of £trillion that the banks have 'dissapeared' that they should be concentrating on.

Scapegoating again. Ain't it just so easy?

I'm also getting rather weary of this constant bleating about offshores.

Presumably if they nuked the IOM into cinders, all the problems of the world would suddenly vanish and the sun would shine each and every day.

They should look to their own domains and the crap that's been created by their own institutions.

Like AT says - soft target.

'Losing' £4bn offshore to Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man is the least of their worries. At least that money is still in the system, and much of it heads into the city.

It's the couple of £trillion that the banks have 'dissapeared' that they should be concentrating on.

Remind me, how much did the uk government steal in respect of the offshore branches of KSF?

Remind me, how much did the uk government steal in respect of the offshore branches of KSF?

I don't think 'steal' is the right word in this context.

I don't think 'steal' is the right word in this context.

I would say it is the perfect word, the UK govt took the monies from IOM accounts without permission hence they stole it, had they not then we could have siezed the assets and maybe compensated account holders a little better.

Archived