200+ New Jobs As Tesco Expands

AlexMcC

see 1st para, I don't understand why vat is not paid to manx coffers unless sales are registered in UK (Is that legal by the way?)

As I understand it, all VAT goes to the UK, none is paid into manx coffers. We then get a payment back from the UK using a secret and complicated calculation under the common purse agreement. Part of this calculation is based on GDP, but because Tesco is a non resident company, it's sales do not contribute to manx GDP so we get no VAT back based on tesco sales.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part 3..........I brought over a few years ago a Maltese property developer who was building houses in the Wigan and Warrington areas (1000+ house estates) who was interested in building 1st time buyers houses for 1/3 less cost than the local competition, I introduced him to a well known MHK who basically fucked the guy off, just was not interested.

whats to say the lvl of his work was not a 1/3 worse than the others, thay could have been crap,

And im takeing it all profits from his company were going to stay in the isle of man, i bet :D

It might be a bit ironic if anyone on the Isle of Man was concerned about some tax not being collected because a company was doing business here but was resident somewhere else* ? Unless opposed to that sort of thing in general.

Or was worrying about any of the issues which relate to cross border trade and where the money ends up.

:lol:

* even assuming that is accurate

Part 3..........I brought over a few years ago a Maltese property developer who was building houses in the Wigan and Warrington areas (1000+ house estates) who was interested in building 1st time buyers houses for 1/3 less cost than the local competition, I introduced him to a well known MHK who basically fucked the guy off, just was not interested.

whats to say the lvl of his work was not a 1/3 worse than the others, thay could have been crap,

And im takeing it all profits from his company were going to stay in the isle of man, i bet :D

We got a dual carriageway built in Cork by a Turkish company for about 66% of the local costs. Excellent quality and delivered early.

:o

i luvin aldi

ha !! good idea

puttin aldi were fsc standin

so in futur even ksf person get valu for money :cool:

Wahey ... another post from Tescos employee of the week!

I hear they have you and your 9 brothers and sisters all working the night shift on a shared work permit.

"In-store improvements included a new deli counter and extended meat and fish counters, wider aisles, better display areas and new lines of products. A temporary store will also be built on the existing car park that will be open for shoppers while the expanded main store is under construction."

Sounds a bit crazy. Where would everyone park?!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Traffic-sys...o-be.5048300.jp

They could park at the bottom of the car park, where the trailors get left overnight. The trailors can bve left in the boat park by the bridge. The boats can go in the water where they belong. Sorted.

John Wright said

WE should be grateful to Teso's for employing persons who in years gone by would have been on benfits etc

Grateful? And who are the ‘We’, John?

One glance on the Tesco website shows a staggering list of products and services that, if Tescos ever chose to flex its muscles, could wipe out 80 percent of the businesses in the Isle of Man.

Creating jobs? And why would Tesco employees have automatically been on benefits?

That's a bit patronising.

It’s not just ready meals here, John. Take a good look at their website. They paddle in everyones ponds. http://www.tescolegalstore.com/

Few jobs or business are safe from the ever spreading Tesco tentacles.

And if they get irritated or they can’t have their own way, they can choose to close up the store and slide off in a second. I still remember UK stores disappearing overnight years ago.

Then what? The potential loss of choice, and jobs, is a bit scary really.

Bunsiness in the island? Use them or lose them.

John Wright said
WE should be grateful to Teso's for employing persons who in years gone by would have been on benfits etc

Grateful? And who are the ‘We’, John?

One glance on the Tesco website shows a staggering list of products and services that, if Tescos ever chose to flex its muscles, could wipe out 80 percent of the businesses in the Isle of Man.

Creating jobs? And why would Tesco employees have automatically been on benefits?

That's a bit patronising.

It’s not just ready meals here, John. Take a good look at their website. They paddle in everyones ponds. http://www.tescolegalstore.com/

Few jobs or business are safe from the ever spreading Tesco tentacles.

And if they get irritated or they can’t have their own way, they can choose to close up the store and slide off in a second. I still remember UK stores disappearing overnight years ago.

Then what? The potential loss of choice, and jobs, is a bit scary really.

Bunsiness in the island? Use them or lose them.

Don't panic John. Manx advocates are safe from competition.

"In-store improvements included a new deli counter and extended meat and fish counters, wider aisles, better display areas and new lines of products. A temporary store will also be built on the existing car park that will be open for shoppers while the expanded main store is under construction."

Sounds a bit crazy. Where would everyone park?!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Traffic-sys...o-be.5048300.jp

Dang this board is over-managed sometimes! ;)

the truth to it all is, thay woulden be here if we diden want them,

and if there expanding it shows that we muct want them here dont it

Not necessarily, and since we are talking about Tesco, the answer is definetly no chance.

If they were only responding to demand, they wouldn't need to advertise.

Archived