Energy Expo At The Villa Marina This Weekend

Dean

Hello everyone, a reminder of all the fantastic events organised by Transition Isle of Man at the ‘Bright Ideas’ expo this weekend – all free/by donation…

Weds 4th, 6pm and 8pm, Manx Museum film theatre

Special IOM screening of big new climate film starring Pete Postlethwaite http://www.ageofstupid.net/

Friday 6th, 6pm, Villa Marina Colonnade Suite

'The Power of Community - how Cuba survived peak oil'. Pretty inspiring film – lots of music, gardening and SUNSHINE

http://powerofcommunity.org

Saturday 7th, Villa Marina

• 10am-2pm: Farmers Market with the usual treats including cake and hot soup and lovely organic veg growers.

• 11am Skeeal

• 12 noon Sambamann Samba band

• 12.15pm The Heights

• 12.30pm Matt Kelly & Paul Rogers

• 1.30pm Sambamann Samba band

• 2.00pm The Heights

• 3.00pmThe Reeling Stones (3-4)

ALSO at the Villa, the Joe Loss Bar will be showing short free short films and cartoons (with an environmental theme) all day Friday and Saturday( Including how Sulby School made their new veg garden).

ALSO at 2pm in the Colonnade Suite: Growers Question Time, with a hand-picked crop of experts to answer your fruit & veg growing and wildlife gardening queries. Email your questions to GQT@manx.net before Friday 6th or drop them into the Villa front desk by 12 on Saturday.

Plus lots of interesting stalls and talks over the two-day show – Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 10am-4pm. Read more about it all in the special pull-out section in the middle of the latest Manx Independent.

To do my bit for the environment, I shall not be wasting any energy to go there.

It's not about saving the environment.The planet will survive whatever we do.

It's more about saving yourself some money by reducing your fuel bills etc

The planet might survive but Albert won't, and the climate change deniers will take the rest of us out with them.

The planet might survive but Albert won't, and the climate change deniers will take the rest of us out with them.

It's the system mate - it's geared up to take us all out eventually, and it works by continually expanding all economies by using up resources (and in turn energy) in order to generate imaginary bits of paper (£ or $ etc.). Turning off the odd light is actually irrelevant in the big scheme of things. For everything that is undone, another two more things are done.

War, pestulance and mass steralisations will only save us now.

Thanks for the bumps Albert, I'm sure other readers, with a tad more awareness of the environment and interest in what CAN be done, will treat this as a great opportunity to come down and join in the fun and maybe learn about the issues ahead of us. It's not all doom and gloom you know!

It's the system mate - it's geared up to take us all out eventually, and it works by continually expanding all economies by using up resources (and in turn energy) in order to generate imaginary bits of paper (£ or $ etc.). Turning off the odd light is actually irrelevant in the big scheme of things. For everything that is undone, another two more things are done.

What a fantastic endorsement of human achievement. We're never going to cure cancer, it's too hard, so lets not bother trying!

And yet if you watch something like the superb film listed above, the power of community, you'll see there are other options and it's quite remarkable how people can react to threats when they've really no choice. It's a brilliant film that, well worth a watch particularly if you're of the 'cant change anything so why bother' mentality.

The growers question time is a great idea too, if you're environmentally concerned or not it's a popular activity that's showing increasing interest in uncertain times.

What a fantastic endorsement of human achievement. We're never going to cure cancer, it's too hard, so lets not bother trying!

And yet if you watch something like the superb film listed above, the power of community, you'll see there are other options and it's quite remarkable how people can react to threats when they've really no choice. It's a brilliant film that, well worth a watch particularly if you're of the 'cant change anything so why bother' mentality.

The growers question time is a great idea too, if you're environmentally concerned or not it's a popular activity that's showing increasing interest in uncertain times.

In your case get yourself up the hossy and get your tubes tied you little breeder. You undid anything I've done to save the planet by that third steamy night in the back of your Lada with your missus.

Me - I'll only agree to lead the 'good life' if I get to shag Felicity Kendal - if you can arrange that, tell me where to sign up.

Apparently the kids you drop off at the pool are far worse. Allen Hershkowitz, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defence Council:

"Future generations are going to look at the way we make toilet paper as one of the greatest excesses of our age. Making toilet paper from virgin wood is a lot worse than driving Hummers in terms of global warming pollution." Making toilet paper has a significant impact because of chemicals used in pulp manufacture and cutting down forests.

Me - I'll only agree to lead the 'good life' if I get to shag Felicity Kendal - if you can arrange that, tell me where to sign up.

Ew

kendal588238bdL_aw_243x284.jpg

Archived