Another Island

monasqueen

Condor have gained the monopoly on Channel Islands ferry crossings, and, surprise surprise, fares are rising steeply.

Channel Online article

"One States member, Deputy Sean Power, says a return fare to St Malo has doubled within 12 months. "My worry is that prices have gone up from about 120, 130 pounds for a car and two passengers to 250 to 260. So I'm going to make a formal complaint today to the JCRA about Condor pricing in the Channel Islands, because it seems to me to bear a strong resemblance to what is happening on the Isle of Wight ferry link and Isle of man."

What's happening is that Wightlink ferries are being investigated by the Office of Fair Trading.

It follows thousands of complaints about high prices and low levels of service. And that's relevant to the Channel Islands because Wightlink and Condor are owned by the same company, the Macquarie bank group. And Deputy Power believes their pricing policies could be connected."

Condor have gained the monopoly on Channel Islands ferry crossings, and, surprise surprise, fares are rising steeply.

Channel Online article

"One States member, Deputy Sean Power, says a return fare to St Malo has doubled within 12 months. "My worry is that prices have gone up from about 120, 130 pounds for a car and two passengers to 250 to 260. So I'm going to make a formal complaint today to the JCRA about Condor pricing in the Channel Islands, because it seems to me to bear a strong resemblance to what is happening on the Isle of Wight ferry link and Isle of man."

What's happening is that Wightlink ferries are being investigated by the Office of Fair Trading.

It follows thousands of complaints about high prices and low levels of service. And that's relevant to the Channel Islands because Wightlink and Condor are owned by the same company, the Macquarie bank group. And Deputy Power believes their pricing policies could be connected."

shipping bosses? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP3QD4Mf7cg

Archived