Skate Or Skate2?

Rich

I know you can free roam on foot in Skate2 but is that enough to justify the price tag over a preowned Skate?

Just wanting opinions before I shell out on it. I'm just wanting a decent skateboarding game and after playing the Skate2 demo I was prettty impressed with it.

I'd ideally prefer not shell out much on it but obviously if Skate2 is really worth much more than Skate enough to the point that getting Skate alone would be pointless then I may consider it.

Do both games have other modes than just the challenges? Such as in previous Tony Hawk games which had Horse and Tag?

I've not played skate2...but I've heard it isn't really anything special (compared to the first one)

the first one is great, you wouldn't regret buying that....then sell it and get 2 when it's cheap ;)

Cheers, I've had a look in town and can't find Skate anywhere, so I think I'll probably get Skate2 and trade in a couple of games I don't really play to bring the cost down a bit.

The free roaming side appeals anyway.

I'm a bit impatient so I'll buy locally :)

I've got skate. for PS3 if you want to borrow it. It's gathering dust for me atm.

Thanks for the kind offer, I would take you up on it if I had a PS3 but I've got a 360 thingy bob.

I've since had a very good offer for Skate 2 which I'm going to take up.

As I say I like the idea of the free roaming to try stupid ideas out (that's the nice thing about a virtual world, it doesn't hurt!!).

Really enjoyed the demo of Skate 2 though, loved the whole control system etc. Went off the skateboarding games after TH3 I would say, it just started getting cluttered and not really going anywhere. Skate seems to have totally changed the gameplay and made it really quite realistic.

Archived