[BBC News] Airport tower 'making progress'

Newsbot

Work on the new air traffic control tower at Ronaldsway airport is progressing well and is on target for completion next year.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7928832.stm

Work on making my tea at home is progressing well and is on target for completion this evening.

I feel this news is almost as important.... :D

I am 'reassured'.

How much is being budgeted for the

'unfortunate but unavoidable increase in costs due to elements of the contract having to be paid in Japanese yen for which hedging had not been put in place'?

I am 'reassured'.

How much is being budgeted for the

'unfortunate but unavoidable increase in costs due to elements of the contract having to be paid in Japanese yen for which hedging had not been put in place'?

have been told, buy the person that was in such a meeting, and the words were,

"this will be on budget, dont even think about asking for more as there aint any, and heads will be rolling if theres even a £ spent over budget"

hope it's going to be high enpugh to see the end of the runway exstension safety runoff area

(I wonder what they do if they land in the other direction ? :D )

that is why it is being made so tall, but by an ironic twist of fate, ronaldsway has low cloud/fog on such a regular basis, there will be times when the new tower is in the clouds and can see NOTHING, wheras the old tower could.

"this will be on budget, dont even think about asking for more as there aint any, and heads will be rolling if theres even a £ spent over budget"

I wonder whose heads? Senior heads or junior heads?

Whilst I think the goal should be 'ahead of time and on budget' (this pre-supposes the budget is correct for the job), a cynic might say that overspends are allowed on bits of rock and tarmac but not on air traffic control.

I wonder whose heads? Senior heads or junior heads?

Whilst I think the goal should be 'ahead of time and on budget' (this pre-supposes the budget is correct for the job), a cynic might say that overspends are allowed on bits of rock and tarmac but not on air traffic control.

The technical side of the contract is priced as a PC sum, they will be installing the very best of equipment at which a final cost can not be given.

:rolleyes:

chef say big tower very very very impotant

show how lady airprot dictator is most impotant public person

she can havin anithing she ever wantin

she abel twist them minister with juss snap of littel finger

now chef also wantin biger kichen

he say he juss as impotant

and HIM makin them assetz sweatin

HE no shuttin up shop at 9 like lazi airprot

I tellin big diferenz

airprot juss tax person money - it can be waste any time - no problem - no body botherd

restrant is famly money - must not act stupid - we not civil servent altime goin spendin crazy !!! :(

Archived