[BBC News] Airport tower 'making progress'

Newsbot

The £6.5m, 35m (155ft) structure will replace the current tower, which is in a poor location for visibility and in need of modernisation.

The existing tower is in a poor location for visibility? Is it under f**king ground?

Guest hunyani

Yes an island the size of a kids sandpit realy needs a tower that big, maybe to make up for the lack of inches on manx men.

I've been trying to think what this reminded me of. It looks like the middle part of one of those funfair rides that had toy aircraft strung from it going round and round in circles. Or maybe a big bungee jumping tower?

_45542319_tower.jpg

A great addition to Bee Gees International.

Yes an island the size of a kids sandpit realy needs a tower that big, maybe to make up for the lack of inches on manx men.

Salford?

Must admit - I'd love to see which kids have a sandpit the size of the IOM. What a renty thing to say.

I've been trying to think what this reminded me of. It looks like the middle part of one of those funfair rides that had toy aircraft strung from it going round and round in circles. Or maybe a big bungee jumping tower?

_45542319_tower.jpg

A great addition to Bee Gees International.

Well, I'm thinking Orcs and Ents

Archived