A Raped 9 Year Old, Pregnant With Twins

Chinahand

I have to say I really find the attitude of the Catholic church close to abhorrant at times.

A 9 year old child. Raped and pregnant with twins.

Her tiny unterus would scarcely be able to deal with one child let alone two. She's been through the tramatic experience of a rape.

And what is the Catholic Churches attitude - she has to bear the rapists seed - and anyone who has helped in providing her with an abortion is to be excommunicated.

Thank goodness saner, less mysogonistic attitudes prevailed and the poor child was allowed to remain a child, if a battered and traumatized one.

Link

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I really find the attitude of the Catholic church abhorrant all the time.

Cases like this just show how out of touch with reality most religions are.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing".

Religious fundamentalists like Pope Benedict are out of touch with Christianity and Christian thinking.

Utterly appalling.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing".

Religious fundamentalists like Pope Benedict are out of touch with Christianity and Christian thinking.

Utterly appalling.

You think it is fundamentalism? Abortion is not condoned in the Catholic Church full stop. But the Church isn't fundamentalist, is it?

And maybe they might realise that God is a load of rubbish too

I'm agnostic - so it makes no odds to me.

Surely logic dictates however that it's impossible for anyone to ever prove that no matter how improbable it is, and thus it's pointless to suggest it (believing it is entirely different of course).

Got to agree though about this sorry story - it's a pathetic jurassic approach.

I would have assumed that anyone porforming an abortion is unlikely to be a catholic in the first place, so as usual a threat is totally without substance. If only the people of the world would turn out and totally reject any form of religion and it's doctrine we could all get on with our lives much happier.

So, instead of worrying about a medieavel superstition, how about finding the man that raped a 9 year old?

I have to say I really find the attitude of the Catholic church close to abhorrant at times.

A 9 year old child. Raped and pregnant with twins.

Her tiny unterus would scarcely be able to deal with one child let alone two. She's been through the tramatic experience of a rape.

And what is the Catholic Churches attitude - she has to bear the rapists seed - and anyone who has helped in providing her with an abortion is to be excommunicated.

Thank goodness saner, less mysogonistic attitudes prevailed and the poor child was allowed to remain a child, if a battered and traumatized one.

Link

the Catholic Churches is a load of bull5hit. it has been proved..i think yes it's good To have a god 2 Believe in ... but not the crap spoon feed to you from birth..in your head more liked...';. as for this post that poor girl of 9 it will proberly kill her this birth .fizzicaly & mentally . what about this bloody beast the 4king rapest! we shud be talking about him. not the poor poor child i want his name for my list.... END OF!

It may well be that believing in something, not necessarily the Catholic Church, is built into the human psyche. For example in order to build a balsa-wood raft and sail off into the unknown requires a certain amount of faith in the outcome. Which makes faith, belief, whatever a driver of the species, moving us forward.

Now as far as I'm concerned the Catholic Church are DIRECTLY responsible for the way Aids is roaring through sub-Saharan Africa. How they can ignore the realities of the situation is quite beyond all. But they do which to me means they are directly related to the ancient practice of taking advantage of human faith to enable a privileged few to eat for free.

Her tiny uterus would scarcely be able to deal with one child let alone two.

I don't see how you can assume that. She was obviously ovulating and so one would assume was a very early developer.

He's not, he's quoting directly from the article what the doctors stated.

Some topics you'd be best not trolling eh?

I don't think Chinahand needs you to hold his/her hand somehow. And it's not trolling, it's discussion. It's a very sensitive subject, abortion, and I sympathise somewhat with the Catholic Church's position on it. (Although I admit I missed that medical reference in the article).

Archived