100 Best Games To Play Today

Slim

From the 200th edition of edge:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-10...s-to-play-today

Not read it all yet, just wizzed to the top 10, and it's a pretty good list. Zelda top, where it's supposed to be, but I'd probably place Super Mario Galaxy higher.

Lots of Nintendo titles in there , interesting lineup they have gone for. I personally would have gone for Gears Of War 2 as my No.1 followed by Super Mario 64 at No.2. Glad to see that Robotron made it in there.

I know Gears 2 has had some indifferent comments regarding the online ( wingman , execution etc.. ) but the campaign and Horde mode more than make up for it for me.

No Guitar Hero , but Rockband 2 ?

These lists annoy me. So subjective. One mans pleasure is another mans poison.

Quake 3 should be in the top 20 but is at number 80. I wouldnt mind but you have stuff like Jet Set Radio Future in the top 50.

No Diablo 2, No Forza Motorsport. Weird to say the least.

Quake 3 should be in the top 20 but is at number 80. I wouldnt mind but you have stuff like Jet Set Radio Future in the top 50.

No Diablo 2, No Forza Motorsport. Weird to say the least.

JSR Ruled! Diable and Forza's a big omission though, particularly as Diablo is still massive.

I guess that it depends on the age and mentality of the people that have voted for the games.

I don't mind seeing WoW at 17 which is still pretty respectable and whilst I have wavered a few times and tried CoD4 and a few other games, I'm still an enthusiastic albeit not very good player.

Note: (Being considerably old and not even being a gamer before trying Wow)

I see there are a lot of Zelda games I need to play yet!

Only one I struggled to finish was Wind Waker, found the boaty bits a bit hard going.

I've only just played through a link to the past over the winter, the first game I tackled after rebuying a snes last year.

I have the wii zelda too but didn't really get into that, I'll pick it up again after playing a few others in the series.

Many many moons ago, I broke up with my girlfriend. I finally moved out from my parent's house, and moved into a house with some pals. Took a portable TV with me. One of my friends had an N64, and I asked if I could borrow it. Got it installed in my room, and saw Ocarina of Time in the pile of games. I'd heard it's a masterpiece, a shining example of the best that games could be. So I played it. I didn't stop. I lost myself in it's world of speaking trees and melodies, huge vistas to be crossed on horseback, spiders with skulls on them, and underneath it all the tale of a boy becoming a man. I was spellbound, the pain of the break up temporarily forgotten, thinking only of the world in the screen which only I could save.

Then I got to the Water Temple level, spent two days of my life trying to work out how to kill the bastard boss at the end of it, gave the N64 and games back, and began to get myself a social life.

Fuck Hyrule :D

(when I'm old and grey, when the last of my teeth fall out of my face, when I can finally see my own ribcage, I'll get on eBay and buy an N64, and a copy of Ocarina of Time, and I'll spend the last of my days trying to kill Ganon. Or I'll be senile and wanking at the nurses. Who knows? It'll be fun finding out!)

(when I'm old and grey, when the last of my teeth fall out of my face, when I can finally see my own ribcage, I'll get on eBay and buy an N64, and a copy of Ocarina of Time, and I'll spend the last of my days trying to kill Ganon. Or I'll be senile and wanking at the nurses. Who knows? It'll be fun finding out!)

You can save yourself some bovver at least and play it on the wii via the virtual console. Great game.

You can save yourself some bovver at least and play it on the wii via the virtual console. Great game.

So long as I'm still allowed to retain the option of wanking at nurses when I'm on death's door, then I'll give it a go. I bought the semi-step-nipper a Wii not long back, will get hold of Macarena of Time on that and see if I can steal a go sometime. Cheers for the info!

Archived