bishbashbosh

Getting somewhere:

Chief Minister: chief.minister@cso.gov.im

From the DHSS Website

Hon W.E. Teare MHK Minister@dhss.gov.im

Mr Alan Crowe MLC Political.Member@healthservices.dhss.gov.im

Mr Juan Watterson MHK Political.Member@socialsecurity.dhss.gov.im

Mr Dudley Butt MHK Political.Member@socialservices.dhss.gov.im

If people don't kick up a fuss we will loose out. Email, write, lobby the lazy so and sos - don't let them get away with this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Echoing Ballaughbiker - this is a really important issue - what is PAG, Liberal Vannin, Mec Vannin, etc etc doing about it.

It will make travelling to the UK much more of a hassle.

Is there a list of MHK emails anywhere?

It is madness in this age that neither the Tynwald site nor the IOM Gov site have MHK's contact emails on them.

I want to put up a list here to encourage people to write to there MHKs about this - it is bad enough we don't have cover in Europe, but to loose it for the UK as well is madness - if apathy rules then our politicians will just let us become more and more isolated. That is not acceptable and should be fought.

Great post Chinahand!

I remember contacting Tynwald a few years back to moan that MHKs were able to correspond with constituents via @gov.im e-mails (which obviously they get when they're a Minister, Member etc) and asking why they didn't all have @tynwald.org.im e-mail addresses.

Sometimes Parliament and Government here are too often seen as one and the same.

Got no answer like.

Kate Hoey has always had a good relationship with the Isle of Man. In my opinion, at least in part, this is why:

She was given an amazing time when she came to the Island during TT2000. At the time she was UK Minister of Sport.

She presented the trophy to Joey Dunlop after his amazing forumula 1 win. A quite emotional presentation indeed.

She had a huge smile on her face from start to finish of her visit here. Due in no small part from being a pillion on a lap of the course (when taking a lady for a spin, take it not too quick to frighten, but not too slow either, leaving her excited and exhilarated and wanting more . . . that is a skill that very few motorcyclists understand)

TT2000 was a particularly memorable one for many reasons and Kate Hoey was there, a part of it all. How could she fail to love this place.

She returned to the Island in August to pay tribute to Joey at the memorial service in the Villa Marina.

She is indeed a marvellous ambassador for us, and is unlikely to remove the rose tinted spectacles.

Just a quick thanks to those who have signed so far..... there are now 1000 signatures.

For those who would like to sign click here.

Let all the people that have signed the petition turn up at St Johns on Tynwald day Mr Teare & co will shit themselves and realise we are serious and they might WAKE UP :o:o:o:o

A bit off topic I realise but,

looking through the list of signatures I was amazed how many people do not use a capital letter for their names. There were even a few with one of the names capitalised but the effort to do so for the other must have been too much.

I do realise that using emails etc. we often use the phrase "all-lower-case" but I think when subscribing to a petition to the Prime Minister, one's name and address should be presented correctly.

Perhaps I am too pedantic or something. Or perhaps in schools these days the teachers don't give a damn about all this spelling and grammar stuff, that is if the teachers themselves even care, as if it doesn't really matter. It does btw, it still does.

(I know I don't capitalise my own name, "nipper", but that name isn't real is it).

Maybe on the lines of the BBC giving us a deskful of highly paid journalists in return for our £millions when we complained about the licence fee thing, the UK Government will just give us some basic learning teachers instead.

Getting somewhere:

Chief Minister: chief.minister@cso.gov.im

From the DHSS Website

Hon W.E. Teare MHK Minister@dhss.gov.im

Mr Alan Crowe MLC Political.Member@healthservices.dhss.gov.im

Mr Juan Watterson MHK Political.Member@socialsecurity.dhss.gov.im

Mr Dudley Butt MHK Political.Member@socialservices.dhss.gov.im

If people don't kick up a fuss we will loose out. Email, write, lobby the lazy so and sos - don't let them get away with this.

China, Juan Watterson's e-mail is -

Juan.Watterson@gov.im

He does respond to e-mails to that address, promptly, in my experience.

Archived