Pubs With Pianos

Pierrot Lunaire

As the title says really, are there any pubs with well maintained acoustic pianos in them on the Island? Licensed for live music that is.

I've never seen/heard one, at least not in Douglas. Mind you I may be wrong, the music usually stops when I walk into any pub and it usually all goes quiet post-2251-1236776524_thumb.png

I think the best bet would be the likes of the Hilton, maybe Sefton etc. type of place - wouldn't it?

There is a fabulous restored classic upright piano perfectly retuned in the corner of the main bar of the Bay Hotel Port Erin. In days gone by the odd merry punter has tried fruilessly to get a tune out of it more to do with the operator than the machinery however it is in full working order and we may be asking the talented Nigel Williams of Knobworths/Hilton fame to consider a set in there when they next play the Bay on the 29 May.

Ask for Martin the owner there for further history on it etc Hope this helps

Whats wrong with Yamaha pianos KB? we have a rather nice Yamaha(European not Far east), looks nice and sounded better than all of the other pianos we looked at. Excl. the big fat Steinway grand but, we have purse and space restraints, you know.., incl a Bechstein (looked so lovely) and a couple of upright Steinways. I'm no expert though, I like what I like. If anyone needs a new piano, there is a man advertises in the Manx papers, know his onions? oh yes, and then some! Frank is his name and he is not only a lovely man but he can play the piano like it's meant to be played.

Whats wrong with Yamaha pianos KB? we have a rather nice Yamaha(European not Far east), looks nice and sounded better than all of the other pianos we looked at. Excl. the big fat Steinway grand but, we have purse and space restraints, you know.., incl a Bechstein (looked so lovely) and a couple of upright Steinways. I'm no expert though, I like what I like. If anyone needs a new piano, there is a man advertises in the Manx papers, know his onions? oh yes, and then some! Frank is his name and he is not only a lovely man but he can play the piano like it's meant to be played.

He's an amazing guy Frank, but he has too many piano's! Just bought a nice Bechstein from him, it sounds amazing.

Archived