Naughty Boys Smoking Spliffs

%age

My own experience of this was a good friend of mine (though weve lost contact over the years). Having just completed his second degree , he began smoking a little bit here and there, with Uni mates , etc , and over time developed into quite a solid little habit. His job gradually suffered through inability to concentrate , lateness , showing up in an unfit state to work, etc etc. His girlfriend , who had just finished her BSC , and aside from being a truly good looking woman, was highly intelligent , walked out after another blazing row, the type of which had been escalating over the previous 12 months in line with his increased usage. Shortly after , another girl within our combined social circle, who had a reputation (quite justifiably I might add) for being a lazy , workshy cow who got what she wanted through flaunting 2 particular assets, usually wrapped in a very tight outfit, moved in. Having worked her way through 2 or 3 of the social circle, inevitably moving in, living off their incomes/drug stash for a while before walking out when it became apparent there simply werent enough drugs to meet her needs (Actually, I doubt there were enough in the entire continent to meet her needs) , she promptly latched onto said friend , and as anticipated, worked her way through the drug supply , cash , etc etc.

I moved about 4 months after she had moved in with the guy. When I left , he was unemployed , skint , had a habit which could only be fed by dealing to his mates. Oh , and hed sold his rather nice car, which he could no longer afford to run, and which he needed to pay off a debt to a rather unpleasant bloke who just happened to supply a good portion of said small town.

Ive not heard from him since. Neither have most people within the social circle we used to frequent. He became a bit of a recluse , partly due to the fact his temper and paranoia were getting the better of him regularly, and partly because he simply couldnt afford to do anything other than sit around the house all day.

If anyone wants my reasoning for being anti cannabis, there you have it. The timescale from start to finish of that story is 4 years. With heavier use from the start , would probably have been a lot shorter.

I think cannabis is nasty stuff, can't see what is so great about it all. I had a friend who smoked that much he had a psychotic break and I am quite it was the weed. He still hasn't recovered. Hasn't got a job and didn't finish uni when he only had a few months to go. And he became a recluse too but that's because he couldn't handle being outside.

I don't like the stuff and it does ruin some people's lives and appears to change their behaviour even when they are not smoking it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My own experience of this was a good friend of mine (though weve lost contact over the years). Having just completed his second degree , he began smoking a little bit here and there, with Uni mates , etc , and over time developed into quite a solid little habit. His job gradually suffered through inability to concentrate , lateness , showing up in an unfit state to work, etc etc. His girlfriend , who had just finished her BSC , and aside from being a truly good looking woman, was highly intelligent , walked out after another blazing row, the type of which had been escalating over the previous 12 months in line with his increased usage. Shortly after , another girl within our combined social circle, who had a reputation (quite justifiably I might add) for being a lazy , workshy cow who got what she wanted through flaunting 2 particular assets, usually wrapped in a very tight outfit, moved in. Having worked her way through 2 or 3 of the social circle, inevitably moving in, living off their incomes/drug stash for a while before walking out when it became apparent there simply werent enough drugs to meet her needs (Actually, I doubt there were enough in the entire continent to meet her needs) , she promptly latched onto said friend , and as anticipated, worked her way through the drug supply , cash , etc etc.

I moved about 4 months after she had moved in with the guy. When I left , he was unemployed , skint , had a habit which could only be fed by dealing to his mates. Oh , and hed sold his rather nice car, which he could no longer afford to run, and which he needed to pay off a debt to a rather unpleasant bloke who just happened to supply a good portion of said small town.

Ive not heard from him since. Neither have most people within the social circle we used to frequent. He became a bit of a recluse , partly due to the fact his temper and paranoia were getting the better of him regularly, and partly because he simply couldnt afford to do anything other than sit around the house all day.

If anyone wants my reasoning for being anti cannabis, there you have it. The timescale from start to finish of that story is 4 years. With heavier use from the start , would probably have been a lot shorter.

I think cannabis is nasty stuff, can't see what is so great about it all. I had a friend who smoked that much he had a psychotic break and I am quite it was the weed. He still hasn't recovered. Hasn't got a job and didn't finish uni when he only had a few months to go. And he became a recluse too but that's because he couldn't handle being outside.

I don't like the stuff and it does ruin some people's lives and appears to change their behaviour even when they are not smoking it.

I feel the same about alcohol.

Not smoking it of course...

^^ and I can give you life stories about professional people that do take drugs who are successful, motivated, in positions of responsibility, turn up every day, put in long hours, have never stolen etc etc. I know others who have fallen by the wayside and ended up in prison and addicted to heroin.

I also know people that don't take drugs who are workshy, lazy, have mental health problems, fucked up relationships, yada, yada...

People eh? They're all a bit different...

Indeed. Someone I worked with had a cocaine habit which would have killed your average 80's rock star, yet for the hours of 9-5 you couldnt meet a more professional individual. Outside of work however, if you ever got him away from the bar , it would only be for a brief period before he had to visit the bathroom.

Personal opinions. Where would this forum be without em :)

Heroin is already legally available on prescription or in hospitals - except it's called diamorphine.

Yeah, saw what it did to the missus when she was laying our first. Last thing you want is that stuff being generally available.

Heroin is already legally available on prescription or in hospitals - except it's called diamorphine.

Yeah, saw what it did to the missus when she was laying our first. Last thing you want is that stuff being generally available.

Though it is already, the only difference being that it is punishable to possess and supply it.

I am also anti drugs, in the case this thread is about, I know the young guy and yes what they where doing was wrong and illegal, so there fore they should be punished, but i also think that a slighter degree of thus punishment would be better.

Community Service would do the job, if he was to have a second offence then tougher punishment should be used.

So Mr. Faragher you don't take ibuprofen, smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, have never had any anaesthetics etc., etc. or would allow any member of your family to??? Anti-drugs...what a load of bollox........whilst my personal opinions about drugs is irrelevant, you sir are a pompous fool! If a law was passed that you could only wipe yer arse with 3 upstrokes, you are the kind of sheeple that would do it without questions.....balls are in short supply fella...but I encourage you to go and find a set.

Seems the polis were looking for a missing person and smelled the smoke (sounds like a new odourless weed might be a good seller!!!).

Seriously? I've had Police visit me after burglaries or other reported crimes while living in the UK and other places and the fuzz have never given a toss. They must be really bored on the Isle of Man.

When it comes to a group of lads spliffing away quietly, harming no body

With all due respect (and as someone who used to advocate the legalisation of cannabis) I know of a group of 'lads' who now spend almost every day 'spliffing away quietly, harming nobody.'

One of them has become so paranoid that he rarely even ventures out of his bedroom, let alone his house.

Another has taken to dealing to pay for his weed and is gradually getting into debt with some seriously unpleasant people.

A third has changed from being a likeable youngster to being someone who flies into uncontrollable rages with little or no incitement.

All of them have dropped out of education and have probably become unemployable.

None of which, of course, has anything to do with their drug-taking habits. Oh, no... perish the thought!

Yes and I know people who smoke or have smoked pot who are lawyers, studying for PHDs, working in politics (don't worry not in IOM) and even coppers or border police. It all depends on the person. I also know people who never drink nor smoke but have never done a days work in their life. If you're going to be a lazy no-hoper then whether you smoke pot or not makes little difference.

With all due respect (and as someone who used to advocate the legalisation of cannabis) I know of a group of 'lads' who now spend almost every day 'spliffing away quietly, harming nobody.'

One of them has become so paranoid that he rarely even ventures out of his bedroom, let alone his house.

Another has taken to dealing to pay for his weed and is gradually getting into debt with some seriously unpleasant people.

A third has changed from being a likeable youngster to being someone who flies into uncontrollable rages with little or no incitement.

All of them have dropped out of education and have probably become unemployable.

None of which, of course, has anything to do with their drug-taking habits. Oh, no... perish the thought!

Well if you don't agree with it you should shop them to the police, if as you say you know them. Teach them a lesson and feel good about your moral stance - you'll be helping them out surely.

wow what i've just read by you is that (he's paranoid that he rarely even ventures out of his bedroom) hmmmmm may be that he is paranoid of the police & silly laws putting him behind bars

i think i would be paranoid to. if when i wanted a drink of beer & would have to hide from the law at the same time it would mess with my head......................,.,;';,.,;'.;',.,'.;,';.,'.;,.;,'.;,'.;,'.;,.';lmao,'.;,.;,.;,.;,',;..;.';/.'/;./;./;.',;';,,;/.;/,'

wow what i've just read by you is that (dealing to pay for his weed and is gradually getting into debt with some seriously unpleasant people.) hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so the police have his stash .

i hope the poor lad dont get his legs snapped like the last lad out side jake's on the prom . the last lad was well young & had his leg's tuck away & his FREEDOM!!!! i think his legs got done for tilling tails. poor kids

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/discussion/capital...ishment/171863/

bring back the birch plz iom gov & help them poor kids get back on the track..

I'm wondering if the world view on cannabis will change since Barak Obama has admitted to Cannabis use in his university days?

only if cameron gets elected. .. then they can skin up together and come up with a plan .. then have another skin and talk about it some more .. then order pizza and have another skin and talk alittle more .. and then aaaa fuck it zzzzzzzzzzzz.

from what i hear £40 AN OUNCE or 2 for £70 in england is hardly going to break anyones balls.. or get them intodebt to smoke an ounce a week would take some doing never mind 2 .. what a crock of shite all this talk of debt and crime put down to the weed.

from what i hear £40 AN OUNCE or 2 for £70 in england is hardly going to break anyones balls.. or get them intodebt to smoke an ounce a week would take some doing never mind 2 .. what a crock of shite all this talk of debt and crime put down to the weed.

Still assuming im from England MM.

And where did this thing about crime come from? Theres no mention of that in my posting.

my post was on the financial/crime aspect .. and sweet F.A. to do with where you original from..

oh the irony of your comments on your ex friends paranoia eh.

and besides he got the bird we all want to play with for awhile atleast anyway didnt he .. the one you see in the pub with her striking features that once viewed go str8 from your eyes to your cock.. .. he nailed it didnt he .. you didnt..

wow what i've just read by you is that (he's paranoid that he rarely even ventures out of his bedroom) hmmmmm may be that he is paranoid of the police & silly laws putting him behind bars

i think i would be paranoid to. if when i wanted a drink of beer & would have to hide from the law at the same time it would mess with my head......................,.,;';,.,;'.;',.,'.;,';.,'.;,.;,'.;,'.;,'.;,.';lmao,'.;,.;,.;,.;,',;..;.';/.'/;./;./;.',;';,,;/.;/,'

wow what i've just read by you is that (dealing to pay for his weed and is gradually getting into debt with some seriously unpleasant people.) hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so the police have his stash .

i hope the poor lad dont get his legs snapped like the last lad out side jake's on the prom . the last lad was well young & had his leg's tuck away & his FREEDOM!!!! i think his legs got done for tilling tails. poor kids

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/discussion/capital...ishment/171863/

bring back the birch plz iom gov & help them poor kids get back on the track..

This is an object lesson as to why you don't want to do drugs, kids.

Archived