[BBC News] Island enjoys 'faster' broadband

Newsbot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
430529359.png

Port Erin

I would say (unless you are out in the sticks Pt Erin) that you have a line fault, call 153 and raise a fault report, they can do a basic check there and then.

431476125.png

What does that mean? Do we also have a fault?

6403kb/s is quite fast considering the upgrade was up to 8000kb/s.

I only get about 4000kb/s. Your upload speed is a little slower than what I get, but, then, I think it is capped at around 250kp/s.

431529332.png

Farmhill, Anagh Coar end

Considering that we're the population of a small town, that the Govt love spending lots of our money on capital projects, they're always digging up the fucking roads and there's all the bandwidth on the MEA cable unused, it wouldn't take a huge leap to drop some fibre along the way and give everyone a consistent and fast connection. It'll have to be done sometime in the future anyway so why not now? Might go some way to apologising to everyone for being a useless bunch of c*nts who constantly squander our tax dollars on bullshit that no-one wants - incinerator/airport extension/etc. (Sorry for the language - been watching The Football Factory) Whaankers

Considering that we're the population of a small town, that the Govt love spending lots of our money on capital projects, they're always digging up the fucking roads and there's all the bandwidth on the MEA cable unused, it wouldn't take a huge leap to drop some fibre along the way and give everyone a consistent and fast connection. It'll have to be done sometime in the future anyway so why not now? Might go some way to apologising to everyone for being a useless bunch of c*nts who constantly squander our tax dollars on bullshit that no-one wants - incinerator/airport extension/etc. (Sorry for the language - been watching The Football Factory) Whaankers

The MEA cable isn't unused, it's supplying wholesale bandy to the ISPs. Fibre into every house is a huge job, no excuse for it not going into new builds though.

Archived