Manx2 Emergency At The Airport

spanna

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Let 400 is a good aircraft and well maintained by some very experienced Czech engineers, it has had an unfortunate few tyre problems for reasons which are not clear, there is nothing wrong with the type per-se.

They need to get some good quality tyres and stop using those shite ATS own brands.

The Let 400 is a good aircraft and well maintained by some very experienced Czech engineers, it has had an unfortunate few tyre problems for reasons which are not clear, there is nothing wrong with the type per-se.

The let 410 has one of the highest crashes per a/c in service in the world... Not forgetting it gets blown onto its wing if theres a slight gust of wind. I dont class that as a good aircraft.

As for foreign objects on the runway, how come its the manx2 planes bursting tyres not eastern or aer arran etc etc.

The let 410 has one of the highest crashes per a/c in service in the world... Not forgetting it gets blown onto its wing if theres a slight gust of wind. I dont class that as a good aircraft.

As for foreign objects on the runway, how come its the manx2 planes bursting tyres not eastern or aer arran etc etc.

Blown onto its wing was actually gusting 60knts ! hardly a slight gust of wind. Don't know about worldwide crash figures, many of the type are used as para dropping from grass fields and goods carrying to remote areas. Still when Reynoldsway is finished we can all use the spanking new 737's and airbuses which will come here in droves !!

Maybe so, but it has the most uncomfortable seats and shortest seat pitch of their fleet. I've only had the misfortune to fly on it once after one of the Metro's went u/s. Don't want to again.

And don't get me started on the drafty door on the Dornier. Like sitting in a gale it was, last Wed evening.

The Metro's nice though. Fast and comfy, as long as there's room to stow your carry-on on the opposite seat...

And Gloucester's the best airport in the world!

Blown onto its wing was actually gusting 60knts ! hardly a slight gust of wind. Don't know about worldwide crash figures, many of the type are used as para dropping from grass fields and goods carrying to remote areas. Still when Reynoldsway is finished we can all use the spanking new 737's and airbuses which will come here in droves !!

Yeah it was windy, which is why the other a/c who were having to hold before the runway were turning into the wind. Manx2 didnt and very nearly paid a hefty price.

As for a/c all we need here are modern safe regional types. Q400s, E170s, E190s, etc etc.

ballaughbiker - I wouldnt fly in one.

sarahc - What I wondered at the time was why the let was even out in the strong winds. It must have been around its operating limits.

As for the turn, my guess it would be down to company procedures.

Archived