Manx2 Emergency At The Airport

spanna

Now that Flybe are taking on routes which Manx 2 were making a success of, Manx 2 may have a problem, we may be headed for 1 airline just like the steam racket !

The worst thing is that they are doing this just to put Manx2 out of business. We need some competition legislation here

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were all maintained here but none of the incidents were maintenance related. Search the aaib website for the reports.

Heard a classic story about manx2 the other day at work. A bloke flew with them back to the island and was at the baggage carosel waiting for his bag to appear. It never did so he went and asked manx2 where it was, they couldnt find it. The next day he gets a call saying sorry your bag is floating in the irish sea somewhere as the cargo door opened mid flight and some bags fell out.

:lol:

As for no competition because manx2 is getting pushed out. What about Eastern airways, aer arran, VLM?

Excellent story. Reminds me of that 360 that arrived here at 0615 one morning with the mail from Liverpool. The ground crew at LPL had forgot to remove the pogo stick (its a prop that stops the aircraft tipping up onto its tail during loading and just hooks onto an eye on the bottom of the fuselage) and despite the 85 or so miles in a 200 mph breeze, it hadn't dropped into the Irish Sea. I think it was a bit worn away though from the taxi, take off and landing......

The same crew nearly hit another one of these whilst landing at Aldergrove with the mail a few nights later. This one hadn't clung on so tightly and had fallen off during the take off. I wonder who many Shorts kept in their stores as spares.

Archived