Airport February Numbers

manshimajin

February Passenger Numbers

I think Ann Reynolds will need to think up some more excuses - this month is down in part to the fact that 2009 is not a Leap Year. Nice one...

She keeps on saying Bee Gees International is doing better than UK airports despite the fact that main UK airports suffered smaller falls in passenger numbers. Maybe she thinks 'doing better' is losing more passengers?

No doubt she was predicting a 15% drop for her bonus calculations!

I'm not surprised numbers are down.

I tried to get flights last week for two of us for this week and they wanted £370 each return to Manchester, I know it was short notice but talk about fleecing you. Hence to say I said bollox to it.

Pathetic to hear herself and the minister trying to keep their heads above water. Next she will say that less traffic and a longer runway means greater safety as this is the catch all excuse word to piss away millions on another grandiose scheme.

They are all bloody good at wasting other peoples money. The only thing money can't buy for the islands airport is a relocation to a catchment area for lots of passengers.

If she wants more travelers she wants to make the airlines charge the fares they advertise !! £29-99 each way means £29-99 each way, which adds up to £59-98 return NOT £220 :angry:

And cut out the £17-50 for three days parking.

Also should she not take a 15% cut in her salary this month.

£150 return with the steam packet and i take the f--kin car and a passenger with me !

:huh:

why this idiot woman thinkin numbers her responsibbiliti

she just airprot diktator, only responsibl for bilding an landin strip

plain oporator responsibbl for numbers

thay the person decidin tiket price and destinnaton and how offen flyin

this woman juss one big idiot lookin for radio opporttunniti

praps she likin herein self on radio

:angry:

Wouldn't it be nice to have an airport which fitted the needs of the community and which if necessary could be underwritten by taxpayers money to keep fares attracting passengers. Its a pity those in charge cannot label passengers mandatory.

• 3 weeks later...

Another major fall - down 12.7% on March last year.

"Ann Reynolds, Airport Director, confirmed that the decline had been very much as expected."

"Flybe’s Manchester and Liverpool routes, two of the busiest from the Island, experienced the greatest falls. Both were down by about 2,200 passengers contributing to over half of the airport’s total decrease for the month."

Archived