Is The Hospital Falling Down?

Fossils

The plans for the Summerland site have been seen, and the new project could be called THE WAVES

*"The Wave"

but I thought that was a privately funded project, not Government, and designed by a London architectural firm.

Is the governemnt really involved in this?!

Quite simply yes, the land is only being leased to the ****** Group

Too handy at using contractors from across the water our Government. I beleive the work getting carried out in the Corpy houses is by firms from across.

My mates house is getting done at the moment (re-wiring) and its been a nightmare for her. Think I could do a better job. She was without heating for 2 weeks, and they dont seem to give a monkeys. Well why should they when there is a boat in the morning?!

Well you believe wrong, plumbing, joinery and electrical work is most certainly done by local tradesmen - maybe SOME is done by firms across, definitely the cavity wall and loft insulation

...how long has Nobles #1 stood? - and I bet it wasn't mainly built by firms from across either

You cannot fairly compare the craftsmanship of the trades people from 150 years ago with the slap dash scrimping shoddiness that goes on today though RC. I was at the registry the other day, thats fairly new isnt it? the door frames are already rusted and crap looking. I'm about to go 'off on one' about maintenance and the government and corpy so I'lll go before I burst a blood vessel.....those horrible anti-vandal toilets, the dreadful state of the childrens horse tram in the prom park, the state of the benches on the prom, grrr grrrr grrrrrr.

The advert for the tender is only in the paper this week for the old hospital demmo

Ignorance is bliss my friend, well it is for the 95% :D

I have a funny feeling a lot of these big government builds might need constant work due to roy rodgers and his mates.

Sorry RC, I wasn't grrr'ing at you, I was grrr'ing at DTC. John reads the forums so we've no need to phone the corpy. Maybe we could have a complaining thread....oh that'll be most threads already then :) If only they'd painted the horsetram in the childrens park, its full of rust now which is a massive shame, they have taken the slide away but......RUSTOLEUM! its fairly expensive but sorts rust right out. There is also some stuff called Zinga which might help prevent rust, its mostly used in the marine trade, but why use that on metal stuff by the sea eh? click here (my friends company)

That's quite interesting that you don't think that the government and corpy are keeping up with the maintenance. I've not realy had the opportunity to see some of the things you mentioned but I'll have to keep an eye open and see if I can spot some of them. Makes you wonder what they're doing with all our money huh? <_<

Archived