One Man To Blame For Problems With Mea - Bell

%age

Actually I think that should be

"One man to blame for problems with MEA" - Bell

Manx Radio report here.

So . . . it was a big boy done it who ran away. But who was supposed to be looking after the till? Who employed the chap in the first place? To whom was he responsible?

Etcetera, etcetera, et-bloody-cetera

ETA:

"the real losers were the people of the Isle of Man." - Bell

Too right, as fucken always. But there were one hell of a lot of winners weren't there . . .

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mr Bell said the blame for the affair lay squarely with Mr Proffitt, and that’s what had led to the situation of the £120 million in unauthorised loans taken out by the authority."

If so, why was Mr Proffitt not taken to account on the matter? Isn't 'unauthorised' fraudulent?

The New Hospital was equally a financial farce of £mega-million proportions. Except that wasn't a loan - the £millions just went. In the style of the most slippery of spin doctors, according to Tony Brown the New Hospital didn't cost the taxpayer one single penny, er, because it was paid for out of the National Insurance Fund.

And these are the people who have, apparently, done enough to convince the G20 summit they are responsible people who can handle money properly.

Somehow . . . . I fucken well doubt it.

Why does the Manx Taxpayer put up with all these £100,000,000s going adrift.

Why?

The New Hospital was equally a financial farce of £mega-million proportions. Except that wasn't a loan - the £millions just went. In the style of the most slippery of spin doctors, according to Tony Brown the New Hospital didn't cost the taxpayer one single penny, er, because it was paid for out of the National Insurance Fund.

And these are the people who have, apparently, done enough to convince the G20 summit they are responsible people who can handle money properly.

Somehow . . . . I fucken well doubt it.

Why does the Manx Taxpayer put up with all these £100,000,000s going adrift.

Why?

The money to pay for the new Hospital was funded by way of a loan from the Pension fund and to date NO monies have been paid back into the fund

So will the Gov be going after proffitt, I doubt it, I understand that Proffitt had said that if he was pursued he would wash all the dirty linen in public !

The electorate needs to stop all this hopefully before the money dries up and we all suffer.

And isnt it funny that certain documents got shredded ?

who is to blame for this mess, everyone who votes in these butchers,bakers and candlestick makers.

And they wonder why the UK want to shut down the isle of man :P

Actually I think that should be

"One man to blame for problems with MEA" - Bell

Manx Radio report here.

So . . . it was a big boy done it who ran away. But who was supposed to be looking after the till? Who employed the chap in the first place? To whom was he responsible?

Etcetera, etcetera, et-bloody-cetera

ETA:

"the real losers were the people of the Isle of Man." - Bell

Too right, as fucken always. But there were one hell of a lot of winners weren't there . . .

Don't the annual accounts of the MEA go to Tynwald every year for approval.

If the members could read a balance sheet they would have known what was going on.

Archived