One Man To Blame For Problems With Mea - Bell

%age

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

correct .. and then proffit seized his chance..

i would make chinahand blush with the true facts that i know but i am not at privilige to divulge as i have been told in no uncertain terms that i could be sued if i state anything that is not correct { unprovable not correct by default } so i asked could i post the above .. and was told yes .. so you can take it to the bank that the mea board in the majority did not officially know of his interest in barclays international until less than 24 hours prior to the loans being signed off..

i dont know where you fit into the jigsaw of sleaze china .. but you do seem to have a vested interest.

Maybe the books of some of the contractors engaged on the power station should be looked into. :o

The original contractor was ENRON if I remember

Correct but when PGT took over is when the free for all honey pot spilled over ;);)

I've acknowledged on this site multiple times that I was involved in the PKF investigation into the MEA. I feel it is a fair investigation of the MEA. I've read the board minutes and what you are saying is untrue - Proffitt declared his interest as a result Messrs. Wilcox and Faragher undertook the appraisal for the loans and Proffitt recused himself from the meeting where the final decision was made.

All of this is minuted

and lets not be forgetting proffit now employs the decision makers of your scenario .. the whole thing is a sewer .

Plus MM2 what the heck do you mean by that - Proffit employs who?

greedy bastard farmers/landowners who can think no further than a crop rotation....shame on them! for they msut and shall remember that their children will inherit the earth and their choices will in time to come make them become the enemy of their own children.

then again, if somebody offers you £30, u aint going to say no no just give me £10 are you,

i know some land owners that got bugger all for it, and then there were some that got a lot and i mean a lot, but if there going to give it out, u not going to say no, so cant blame them really,

and it kept me in work for a while, so i wasnt complaining

I'd take £10 if it meant my kids weren't going to be paying a heavier price in the long run...but then that's me, and I ain't a shitkicker :lol:

I've acknowledged on this site multiple times that I was involved in the PKF investigation into the MEA. I feel it is a fair investigation of the MEA. I've read the board minutes and what you are saying is untrue - Proffitt declared his interest as a result Messrs. Wilcox and Faragher undertook the appraisal for the loans and Proffitt recused himself from the meeting where the final decision was made.

Dear me, you want it all ways. You bang on about seeing minutes etc AFTER your "this is a small island, people talk" and so on.

I would be ASTONISHED if Mike Proffitt wasn't on a pay plan that meant the MEA loans were worth a very nice bonus payment thank you very much indeedy.

Mike Profitt now employs Clive Callister who was with him at the MEA, I wonder how many more he employs at his renewable enrgy company....feckin hilarious that he now runs a renewable energy company and yet pushed forward a feckin gas powered power plant...if that aint takin the piss I don't know what is.

you can take it to the bank that the mea board in the majority did not officially know of his interest in barclays international until less than 24 hours prior to the loans being signed off..

PKF report P 137

12.19 The MEA Board minutes of 3 July 2003 state that:

“The Chief Executive had declared his interest as Chairman of BPCI and had not

been part of the selection process or negotiations, and Mr Fargher confirmed this to

be the case.”

12.20 The Board of the MEA has subsequently confirmed to us that the Chief Executive played no role in

influencing the choice of banks.

All of this is minuted

and lets not be forgetting proffit now employs the decision makers of your scenario .. the whole thing is a sewer .

Plus MM2 what the heck do you mean by that - Proffit employs who?

im not disputing he declared an interest .. its when he declared his interest i am at odds about.

as too your other question i will clarify my answer tommorow its too late now too be disturbing people.

There is also the unaccounted missing millions was this not for research into alternative energy sources....where did that go?

What does Proffitts new company do again??

John Faragher - stop making libellous comments.

The funds for the wind farm were spent on the power-station, the gas project and the telecoms projects.

The MEA affair is not about money going anywhere - its known where the money went - it is about lack of oversight. A project cost more than expected - and the powers that be claimed not to know this - though they approved the accounts year on year out - and they also say they knew nothing about the MEA independently raising the funds to complete the project. Maybe but its a small island and people talk, plus nobody ever picked up a phone to enquire or complain - even though they went to regular meetings etc year in and year out.

Chinahand seems I am not the only one that thinks its a little unusual.....

Mike Profitt now employs Clive Callister who was with him at the MEA, I wonder how many more he employs at his renewable enrgy company....feckin hilarious that he now runs a renewable energy company and yet pushed forward a feckin gas powered power plant...if that aint takin the piss I don't know what is.

What the heck do you mean by that PK - you fully know I was involved with the PKF report. My knowledge isn't relevent when wondering whether people in government were aware of things via gossip but didn't take it futher.

Over the meetings between the MEA and the DTI/Treasury I think they were quarterly.

Do you mean Clive Wilcox?

Do you mean Clive Wilcox?

Nope I mean who I said, he was recently Director of Works at the DoT but left a few months ago to work with his ol' mucka again.....and that was driven by money, I'm lead to believe trpled his civil service per annum, allegedly...if so well paid for fannying around with windmills :lol:

Archived