Audi Pull Out Of Tt

Lee54

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can bet M's ( if they are supplying cars ) have had a good deal in their favour. after last years exceptionally shabby treatment by the DTL there must have been quite an urge to tell glum meister to fuck off. the roads should be opened by a dot wagon, so that any 'stolen' signs or flagless ropes can be replaced ( or put up in the first place?? )

How come it hasn't been put out to tender.

I would be more than happy to put a big exhaust on the old Saxo and give it a go.

All I would want was petrol money

Apparently it was put out to tender but the minister made a unilateral decision in favour of his constituent I believe! (I heard that one of the alternatives was very interesting and would have given a lot of publicity to the island worldwide)

Amazing how a lot of these so called 2 and 3 year sponsorship deals have evaporated after 1 year? Bennetts, Audi, the TT beer thing etc!

Unfortunately, and talking to some quite influential and well known TT supporters over the past few weeks, it seems that the TT is losing its appeal. The obliteration of the nostalgia element and the shift to being a BSB clone is having its effect. Without its history and a celebration of it, the event is nothing much more than a handful of production bikes being ridden fast on a public road!

There is 'some deal' with this, I just dont remember the details, something happened, it could be what Max P was talking about but I had it in my mind that Mylchreests used to do it, then Audi nicked it & there was some fussing.

Dave, if your Saxo breaks down please could I have a go at racing the bikes?

:D

i hopin mr milcrist screwin leasure depatment for lode a monie

praps they now also enter for uk prize for best tendrin sistem

as wel as best clif suicid divin advert

If only Google Translate could translate gibberish...

i hopin mr milcrist screwin leasure depatment for lode a monie

praps they now also enter for uk prize for best tendrin sistem

as wel as best clif suicid divin advert

If only Google Translate could translate gibberish...

Mutley, Congratulations on your 1000th post. And it wasn't put up for the sake of it...alledgedly.

Ve only vanted it for ze 100 year zelebration publicity - now you, se insel people, can have it back :)

Maybe Audi is simply cutting back, like most manufacturers - and they've probably seen (and figured) that naff all people came last year, and it ain't gonna get better this year with recession and all - no value, no deal I imagine. Cold, efficient German business sense....

you would be innundated with applications to drive the roads open/closed cars .. who wouldnt want to do the course on closed roads in a fast motor.

whhhhoooooooooooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i always assumed it was open to lodge members only.

First off, it would appear that Mychreests have quite a few dummy's to pick up from around their pram. What a miserable bastard of a face David's was all last year. Like one of them bloodhounds - all saggy and sad.

Audi were good to give a few of the TT 'organisers'* a trip round the course though.

There have been some interesting points made in this thread.

Bring back the real TT. The Isle of Man has unfathomable support from TT fans from UK and beyond, like you wouldn't believe. The Isle of Man Government employed some duffers (a posh word I think) this past few years. Trying to make the TT 'businesslike' and glitzy and all Superbikey and shite.

Fuck those kiddies off (I believe one already has and of course Carol is no longer affronting us with her not inconsiderable presence).

The TT is the TT is the TT.

Keep it that way.

Gibberish? Only if you're a fuckwit monkey it is.

* edited to add

ie Lodge members - see post above

he is a misrable man at the best of times is david .. thats just his nature .. my oldman worked 25 years for him and his father .. until they computorised up and found themselves with too many foremen .. i thought the 3 months severence pay was a nice touch .. NOT. sickened my dad did david doing that after working there str8 from leaving the army.

First off, it would appear that Mychreests have quite a few dummy's to pick up from around their pram. What a miserable bastard of a face David's was all last year. Like one of them bloodhounds - all saggy and sad.

On the other hand maybe he had a reason for the long face. Years of loyal support and then kicked aside in favour of a brand that doesn't even have a dealership on the Island anymore.

Still, he's in good company. Plenty of locals have been thrust out of the way to polish up our world-class event.

But no need to worry. It's all for the long-term good, and tourists will come flocking back.

Or is it just that the flocking tourists will be back?

Or perhaps neither...

Archived