The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of pulling on a night out in the Isle of Man, it's not like in Manchester.

Are you saying that you can't pull on a night out on the Island? Are you a tree?

I'm guessing there's not much of an open gay scene in the Islands clubs, as there is in Manchester. So I don't think LDV is a tree no, unless he's a beech sometimes :P

• Haha 1

They may as well hand it over to a local developer now to build 'Summerland Apartments'.....only a matter of time I tell you, only a matter of time :D

Not likely right now when half compete apartments sites have been put on ice because there's no market for em.

Well they seem to be cracking on with the development at Ballacottier (opposite the Horse & Plough). Up until a few weeks ago it was just timber frames & they've now got a roof etc so clearly not all has stopped.

Well they seem to be cracking on with the development at Ballacottier (opposite the Horse & Plough). Up until a few weeks ago it was just timber frames & they've now got a roof etc so clearly not all has stopped.

Really? Probably depends how deep the developers pockets are. The site on the main road in onchans been mothballed for a few months now because the developer says he's waiting for the market to come back.

Really? Probably depends how deep the developers pockets are. The site on the main road in onchans been mothballed for a few months now because the developer says he's waiting for the market to come back.

Yup. I was pretty surprised as it seemed to go very quiet with no-one on site & then suddenly activity again. Think it's Dandara up there. So maybe some fortunes are changing or like you say, deeper pockets for some.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of pulling on a night out in the Isle of Man, it's not like in Manchester.

Are you saying that you can't pull on a night out on the Island? Are you a tree?

Well there are a lot less gay people on the Island; everybody knows each other; a lot are in the closet; and a lot like to see themselves as straight-acting. I just meant I didn't hold out much hope.

Well there are a lot less gay people on the Island; everybody knows each other; a lot are in the closet; and a lot like to see themselves as straight-acting. I just meant I didn't hold out much hope.

I'd like to see all of you in a closet, and the key thrown away

Maybe he has secret desires about a lot of gay men being held in his closet...

Probably, I am thinking of Bo'Selecta now.

Anyway, this new Wave building...what will they do about the cliffface I wonder? I had the impression that the whole cliffface was unstable. Wouldn't be very good to have massive rocks falling through the building.

Anyway, this new Wave building...what will they do about the cliffface I wonder? I had the impression that the whole cliffface was unstable. Wouldn't be very good to have massive rocks falling through the building.

In order to assess the stability of the cliff they need to survey it. That involves, among other things, drilling holes at the top of the cliff, for which they need the landowners' permission. I think the govt were having trouble with some of the landowners at the top of cliff being uncooperative, obviously not wanting their new view spoiled. Without this survey being done i don't think they will be allowed to build anything there, so without this permission the land is useless - hence no buyer.

In order to assess the stability of the cliff they need to survey it. That involves, among other things, drilling holes at the top of the cliff, for which they need the landowners' permission. I think the govt were having trouble with some of the landowners at the top of cliff being uncooperative, obviously not wanting their new view spoiled. Without this survey being done i don't think they will be allowed to build anything there, so without this permission the land is useless - hence no buyer.

Strikes me as selfish. My understanding that those who live at the top are loaded. Surely they can find other ways to compensate themselves for the theft of the view. Given the leisure activities that will comprise the Wave, it would in a sense be of benefit to a great deal of people.

I had the mistaken idea that this was a government scheme. I think I misunderstoof that it is private enterprise, i.e. the Sefton. Sounds like they have plenty of money for such a big scheme.

I never realised you were being gay. You're probably correct then.