The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

AT LAST!!!!!!

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=37424

Island theme/leisure park mooted

FELTLAND!!!!!!

(incorporating the Manx museum of Felt)

We can only hope! Feltland is a far more sensible alternative to an Alton Towers style theme park, the two possible marketing angles for the latter being:

"Come to the Isle of Man. It's like Alton Towers, except it's more expensive, harder to get to, and smaller!"

or

"You thought Blackpool was a hole? Well we took a pretty little island and built a load of shit rides on it. Visit Manxland: the newest, most derelict piss and chip wrapper sea side crapopolis our stupid taxpayers' money can buy."

Who remembers White City on Onchan head? The big slide, karts, ghost train - and a hexagonal pool table.

And - most importantly - wicked hot dogs!

http://www.onchan.org.im/onchan_history/ph...ry2/pages/8.php

It also had a roller coaster on what became the bmx track,although that was before my time. Anyone remember the Clown bouncy castle thing that you went inside,I used to love that thing.Also the original Fun House upstairs in the Crescent, that was awesome.

'Should the Isle of Man have its own theme park to rival Alton Towers or Camelot? One MLC thinks so and has raised the idea in Tynwald.'

Yes it will be a great idea and will attract people in droves with it's smaller catchment area.

'In February 2009, Prime Resorts announced that the Camelot theme park was in receivership and would not reopen for the 2009 season. However, in April 2009, it was announced that a buyer had been found for the park and that it will reopen in August 2009.'

And you've chosen to live in Norwich??

Yeah, and it's surprisingly nice. Not sure what that's got to do with anything though, since I was bitching about the idea of screwing up the Island with a massive great theme park, and not actually criticising the Island itself.

Yeah, and it's surprisingly nice. Not sure what that's got to do with anything though, since I was bitching about the idea of screwing up the Island with a massive great theme park, and not actually criticising the Island itself.

My brother lives in Brundall, and I've spent a fair bit of time around Norwich and Norfolk. The butt of many a joke, but until you live there it's actually a nice part of Britain, if a little flat! Messing about on the broads during the summer can be idyllic.

• Like 1

it's actually a nice part of Britain, if a little flat! Messing about on the broads during the summer can be idyllic.

I was surprised as well as I'd always imagined it as a bit of a grim swindony kinda town, but it's much more lively and nice than it's made out to be - definitely one of the UK's forgotten gems (which I'd say is partly because it's an absolute pain to get to).

I know what you mean about it being a little flat though, I didn't actually realise how much I missed the Island until I ended up somewhere where I couldn't see any hills!

Edited by VinnieK

I was surprised as well as I'd always imagined it as a bit of a grim swindony kinda town, but it's much more lively and nice than it's made out to be - definitely one of the UK's forgotten gems (which I'd say is partly because it's an absolute pain to get to).

I know what you mean about it being a little flat though, I didn't actually realise how much I missed the Island until I ended up somewhere where I couldn't see any hills!

You do live in a town that has the world's stupidest ice skating ring though. (Moot point for certain manxies I know) but what's that all about? It's made out of papier mache. And wrong. Very wrong.

:)

'In February 2009, Prime Resorts announced that the Camelot theme park was in receivership and would not reopen for the 2009 season. However, in April 2009, it was announced that a buyer had been found for the park and that it will reopen in August 2009.'

It would appear to be open and operating now which is quite good I suppose because I believe Castle Rushen High School are going there on Thursday for a school trip.

http://www.camelotthemepark.co.uk/

And you've chosen to live in Norwich??

Oh dear -next time I'll add a smiley and a wink so you get it...