The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

21 hours ago, Gladys said:

It is actually poowil. 

You're absolutely right!  She laughed even more when I showed her that.  ☹️

And if anybody ever said "filum" when referring to cinematic things on Father Ted she'd say "That's you that is!"

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes!

I also spent the weekend trying to remember what word my father used to say that always made me cringe.  I've only just remembered it and again it seems to have an Irish connection as I'm sure it's another I've also heard on Father Ted.

And that's "tremendyus" or "tremendjus" for tremendous.  But I can't quite remember the exact pronunciation he used ...

A local one here where I live in the UK is the habit of missing the initial "s" out when pronouncing some words.  One that always drives me mad and makes me want to grab people by the throat and yell at them is the pronunciation "pacific" for the word "specific".  It's really annoying.  What I don't understand is that they can still say "special" and not "peshull".

And I've also just remembered my dad couldn't pronounce "asbestos" - it was always "abestos" - another missing "s".

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Yes!

I also spent the weekend trying to remember what word my father used to say that always made me cringe.  I've only just remembered it and again it seems to have an Irish connection as I'm sure it's another I've also heard on Father Ted.

And that's "tremendyus" or "tremendjus" for tremendous.  But I can't quite remember the exact pronunciation he used ...

A local one here where I live in the UK is the habit of missing the initial "s" out when pronouncing some words.  One that always drives me mad and makes me want to grab people by the throat and yell at them is the pronunciation "pacific" for the word "specific".  It's really annoying.  What I don't understand is that they can still say "special" and not "peshull".

And I've also just remembered my dad couldn't pronounce "asbestos" - it was always "abestos" - another missing "s".

Sustificut, chimly, ambliance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Much handwringing over this site, especially by Clare Barber on the Moanin Line recently. I don’t know what’s going on but CB says it’s a frustration, when questioned by the NPM. She claims there are all these exciting plans and schemes, Luxury Apartments with Leisure Facilities? She has had five years to probe and question but over the years it’s been ignored and left to be used as storage. Not good when tourism is trying to be promoted, it’s a glaringly obvious site of dereliction. Maybe IOMG have a plan to bring over hip trendy London arty types to board the site and paint scenes, masking the site from the public? 

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Much handwringing over this site, especially by Clare Barber on the Moanin Line recently. I don’t know what’s going on but CB says it’s a frustration, when questioned by the NPM. She claims there are all these exciting plans and schemes, Luxury Apartments with Leisure Facilities? She has had five years to probe and question but over the years it’s been ignored and left to be used as storage. Not good when tourism is trying to be promoted, it’s a glaringly obvious site of dereliction. Maybe IOMG have a plan to bring over hip trendy London arty types to board the site and paint scenes, masking the site from the public? 

Whole lot just needs flattening and grassing over. 

Is Claire Barber referring to this possible proposal that was knocking around back in 2018? It seems she may of had some kind of involvement/interest as she couldn't vote on the motion due to being conflicted? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=44164&headline=Are there really plans to develop Summerland?&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Edited by James Blonde
  • Like 2