Green Waste

Moghrey Mie

You can put your lawn cuttings in your bin?

No. You can't. You have to put them in a plastic bag, drive to the tip, and empty the plastic bag so that THEY can take them to the incinerator...

Put mine in for years no bother.

In theory I believe the binmen can simply leave any bins containing rogue green stuff.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can put your lawn cuttings in your bin?

No. You can't. You have to put them in a plastic bag, drive to the tip, and empty the plastic bag so that THEY can take them to the incinerator...

Put mine in for years no bother.

In theory I believe the binmen can simply leave any bins containing rogue green stuff.

Odd. Never been told what you can and cannot put in bins.

When did this come into effect and how did you find out?

The reason the EFW plant is so big is because while bride tip was going the government weight all vehicles going into the tip.

but they forgot soil, rubble and metal also went into landfill.

Thus meaning over sized EFW plant.

Local authorities pay £10 per ton at the incinerator - and pay £20 a ton to compost.

Sita charge £100 per ton for waste at the incinerator, a rate set by the government

That's true - but the local authorities only pay £10 per ton for their waste , including green waste.

And there is nothing at all to stop you putting green waste in the bin.

Local authorities pay £10 per ton at the incinerator - and pay £20 a ton to compost.

Sita charge £100 per ton for waste at the incinerator, a rate set by the government

That's true - but the local authorities only pay £10 per ton for their waste , including green waste.

May have been misleading the forum a bit on this - I've looked for the relevant wording on corpy web pages etc and can't find it; found a reference relating to Ramsey, which says you can but "only a little", which is what I thought was the rule in Douglas. My lawn makes more than "a little" grass cuttings, and so does my hedge if I ever get round to trimming. So you CAN put green waste in, but not enough to make it worth bothering, because after you put "a little" in you have to take the rest to the amenity.

Before I got my compost bin I put way more than 'a little' green waste in my bin and the Corpy took it fine.

When the builders were using my bin as a storage unit for rubble before I moved in the Corpy left me a note saying they don't take rubble (they didn't know that I wasn't trying to get them to take it!) so they do leave notes and refuse to take some things.

I know someone who got a chopped up sofa in his bin and that went fine so they do take a lot.

local authorities only pay £10 per ton

Commercial pay £100 per ton

Archived