Bushcraft Group/club

yootalkin2me

"Ah, now quiet everyone please. Look just over the edge of this ravine, you should just be able to make out the dusky silhouette of the common nocturnal Ramsey Drunk. These creatures were first observed hundreds of years ago and they're lifestyle and habitat has remained relatively unchanged over the years. Next we're going deeper into the bushes here at the Mooragh Park where we expect to find some local litter...."

Ohhhh, I can hardly restrain my excitement. Will we get to carry pocket knives and odd bits of string?

We think Ray Mears is complete pants. According to the telly he could walk into a wood and twenty minutes later he would have constructed a three-story B&B complete with ch to every room, guest tv lounge and ample parking.

The sort of knife you need in the outdoors to do serious stuff has to be a serious knife. I have one with a 60rc blade. But as it's a Ka-Bar (purchased from Silverman's many, many moons ago) it's highly arrestable on the streets.

You could always purchase something less dramatic from Bayley I suppose. They start at £300+ iirc...

Why would you sleep in leaf huts when you have central heating - or eat bugs when they deliver pizza to the door?

Yeah yeah, come the apocalypse and you'll be laughing last, I know. Me and my zippo will have been atomised by then, hopefully.

Archived