Steam Packet Smoking Ban

Amadeus

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree it's pointless and vindictive. Woodford gets promoted to honourary 'petty officer' IMO for this one.

There's more to this than meets the eye, but I'm keeping quiet for the moment as to what I know.

As for John Faragher - grow up FFS, and think about the third of your voters that this and your own general intolerance on this affects. And while I'm at it, leave the music to the teenagers please, I've seen you and I think you're crap.

I support the smoking ban in general, but this is just a ridiculous step too far. A simpler solution would be to designate areas on the deck for smoking, meaning there were places people could go if they were that paranoid about a waft of smoke in the open air.

And what are they going to do if they catch you?

I support the smoking ban in general, but this is just a ridiculous step too far. A simpler solution would be to designate areas on the deck for smoking, meaning there were places people could go if they were that paranoid about a waft of smoke in the open air.

And what are they going to do if they catch you?

Isn't the size of the outside deck one of the reasons or excuses as to why the ban has been brought in and why 'designated areas' would be impractical?

Don't like the fact that they don't want you smoking on one of their boats, use another boat instead where they will let you smoke. I don't see why anyone should be forced to allow smoking on their property if they don't want it.

It's not even that long a journey without a cigarette ffs!

Ha if ever there was a topic guarenteed to prompt Amadeus into starting a thread it was this one!

It has everything - steam packet, smoking ban, nanny state - like a red rag to a bull :rolleyes:

Just the white dogshit is missing, but I'm sure we can crowbar that in somehow....

I'd agree it's pointless and vindictive. Woodford gets promoted to honourary 'petty officer' IMO for this one.

There's more to this than meets the eye, but I'm keeping quiet for the moment as to what I know.

As for John Faragher - grow up FFS, and think about the third of your voters that this and your own general intolerance on this affects. And while I'm at it, leave the music to the teenagers please, I've seen you and I think you're crap.

No need to be personal or vindictive Albert, where am I being childish, you are just angry that I am correct . The affects off smoking are well known.

In regards to my music, i really dont give a Flying FCUK what you think, I admit that I play middle of the road music and is not always to everyones liking.

If you dont like it head down to your local MacDeaths.

In regards to my music, i really dont give a Flying FCUK what you think, I admit that I play middle of the road music and is not always to everyones liking.

the problem with playing in the middle of the road is that you get run over from both sides ;)

Just the white dogshit is missing, but I'm sure we can crowbar that in somehow....

Chalk was used in dog food to ease the smell of the eventual shit. It also helped bulk out the food but it's no longer allowed to be used in animal feed. The chalk would keep the dog shit firm and not smell so much. After a few days, the chalk would turn the shit white. Because it's not allowed in food anymore, you don't see white dog shit!

How about using the chalk for cigarette ends on the Steam Packet to stop them from smelling and then in 20 - 30 years, people will be saying "Why don't we see any white dog ends anymore?"

Useful link of white dog shit to your thread there Amadeus, you can thank me later.

Archived