Steam Packet Smoking Ban

Amadeus

In regards to ciggy butts everywhere, yep its disgusting and un needed. All comes down to lazyness, when there is a bin like 3 ft away, just easier to thrown it on the ground, or even better flick it in a real cool manner into the gutter or road.

Personally I flick my fag ends in the gutter, roadsweepers can get em, rather do that then set fire to a bin, which may or may not have happened in my years smoking...... :rolleyes:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ace News !!!!!!!!

No longer when you go outside do you have to inhale some smokers pollutants just because we want to go and have some "fresh" air !!!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:lol:

A typical thought police view. No wonder you're on the council, arsehole.

What's next the smokers have been done, the drinkers are being targeted, it's going to be the fatties!!!

Yahoooooooooooo Greedy, weak, fat slovenly bastards, they cost us more on the NHS than smokers ever did.

I'd agree it's pointless and vindictive. Woodford gets promoted to honourary 'petty officer' IMO for this one.

There's more to this than meets the eye, but I'm keeping quiet for the moment as to what I know.

As for John Faragher - grow up FFS, and think about the third of your voters that this and your own general intolerance on this affects. And while I'm at it, leave the music to the teenagers please, I've seen you and I think you're crap.

Good points, the smoking ban on the Racket is just yet another example of a small minded. petty rule introduced by small minded petty people.

I support the smoking ban in general, but this is just a ridiculous step too far. A simpler solution would be to designate areas on the deck for smoking, meaning there were places people could go if they were that paranoid about a waft of smoke in the open air.

And what are they going to do if they catch you?

Not a lot, I 'think' it would need a by law to make the outside decks of alu shyte a no smoking area, however once outside the 12 mile limit the law is meaningless anyway.

Message to the company - The only people out on the decks of your crap ships are smokers anyway, I'll be smoking regardless, what you going to do?

It may be that the only people on the decks are smokers once the boat is up to speed, but the deck has always been a popular place to stand and watch from prior to the boat setting sale. On the cats the outside deck is pretty small and to be honest it is difficult to stand there are not get wafts of smoke going past you.

I would propose a compromise which is that whilst the rule is that smoking is banned it should be allowed say between the end of the Mersey Bar and say 15 minutes or so out from Douglas.

Not a lot, I 'think' it would need a by law to make the outside decks of alu shyte a no smoking area, however once outside the 12 mile limit the law is meaningless anyway.

Message to the company - The only people out on the decks of your crap ships are smokers anyway, I'll be smoking regardless, what you going to do?

In regards to my music, i really dont give a Flying FCUK what you think, I admit that I play middle of the road music and is not always to everyones liking.

If you dont like it head down to your local MacDeaths.

Isn't pleasing everyone the point of being middle of the road?

But you don't extend it to all aspects of life. There's no compromise with you and no basic human decency. You are a nasty piece of work who sees this an opportunity to be cruel to other people. There is no reason for the ban, it is intended to solve a problem that doesn't exist but you are all for it why. Why? Does it turn you on to bully people like this?

When I was a smoker I support the workplace ban, I thought it was only fair and that it wasn't fair for me to inconvenience non-smokers to the extent I thought it did. I've been given up for awhile now and I realise how little inconvenience that is caused to non-smokers and witnessed the lengths that the anti-smoking zealots will to go to in their persuit of smokers. I wonder where this will all end and what it means for personal liberty.

In regards to my music, i really dont give a Flying FCUK what you think, I admit that I play middle of the road music and is not always to everyones liking.

If you dont like it head down to your local MacDeaths.

Isn't pleasing everyone the point of being middle of the road?

But you don't extend it to all aspects of life. There's no compromise with you and no basic human decency. You are a nasty piece of work who sees this an opportunity to be cruel to other people. There is no reason for the ban, it is intended to solve a problem that doesn't exist but you are all for it why. Why? Does it turn you on to bully people like this?

When I was a smoker I support the workplace ban, I thought it was only fair and that it wasn't fair for me to inconvenience non-smokers to the extent I thought it did. I've been given up for awhile now and I realise how little inconvenience that is caused to non-smokers and witnessed the lengths that the anti-smoking zealots will to go to in their persuit of smokers. I wonder where this will all end and what it means for personal liberty.

Hold on a second Declan, I never brought the ban in, The Steam Packet chose to ban smoking on their own vehicles, I just happen to agree with it.

In one regard I do agree 80% of the time it is only smokers on the outside deck, its just when it comes to disembarking and you have to stand huddled under the stairwells.

At the end off the day if IOMSP want to ban smoking on their fast craft that is their perogative, me being an anti-smoker is my perogative.

I just understand the risks associated with smoking, my personal choice is to not smoke, I just do not like having my personal liberties affected when someone else chooses to the make me inhale their smoke.

Ace News !!!!!!!!

No longer when you go outside do you have to inhale some smokers pollutants just because we want to go and have some "fresh" air !!!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:lol:

A typical thought police view. No wonder you're on the council, arsehole.

What's next the smokers have been done, the drinkers are being targeted, it's going to be the fatties!!!

Yahoooooooooooo Greedy, weak, fat slovenly bastards, they cost us more on the NHS than smokers ever did.

I happen to be a little chubby myself, I am on the council to improve the society I live in, as for being an arsehole, I make no secret to the fact I am an anti-smoker.

Because we dont agree on a subject, does not mean you have to resort to petty name calling... I mean what if I called you a COCK, what would it achieve, your just some noname on a internet forum with massive balls.... see does not really work in achieving anything apart from releasing maybe a little of the frustration you feel at not being able to smoke....

Anyone seeking verification of the stupidity, ignorance and downright naivety of the Isle of Man's politically ambitious could do a lot worse than perusing the hysterical ramblings of John Faragher.

ambitious... your taking it a little too far now troll

The thing is, he's actually right. It's their fucking boat and they don't want people smoking on it. Have you ever got in a friends car and they don't want you to smoke in their car? Do you respect their wishes?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people smoking and smoke doesn't bother me at all. However, I don't think people should assume that they have an automatic right to smoke anywhere they want. If it were your car, your boat or you had paid for it then you might then have the right to claim some sort of right to smoke on your own property but in this case, you haven't and you can't!

Archived