Parents Who Cant Park.......

Knoxville

Driven to school? Bah! Kids today have it easy. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down t'mill, and pay t'mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

You were lucky!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was out for my lunchtime walk I saw a car indicate, I almost fell off the pavement in shock, I didn't realise they still fitted cars with indicators !!

Driven to school? Bah! Kids today have it easy. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down t'mill, and pay t'mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

It was like that in Peel, but we worked in the fishyards....

It was like that in Peel, but we worked in the fishyards....

good training for a career in Goverment then - inured to the smell + the ability to dispense red herrings at a monent's notice !

I don't want a career in the government. :blink:

Archived