[BBC News] Tools stolen from government yard

Newsbot

I saw a load of tools going into the same government yard yesterday. Apparently, they only noticed the tools were missing when 18 DoT workers simultaneously fell flat on their faces near the roadworks at Anagh Coar - trying to lean on the 'missing' shovels.

I saw a load of tools going into the same government yard yesterday. Apparently, they only noticed the tools were missing when 18 DoT workers simultaneously fell flat on their faces near the roadworks at Anagh Coar - trying to lean on the 'missing' shovels.

You really are a bad lot taking the 'mick' out of the DOT

I couldn't help laugh at your jokes though, especially Alberts

I personally think they do a good job :thumbsup: but understand that they'll always be at the forefront of easy jokes.

I would persecute the DoT 'workers' by taking photos of them in embaressing 'laid back' poses, but tbh it is like shooting fish in a barrel over here.

Get to work (work being Ellerslie, not the site) by 8am

8:10 Brew

08:45 Drive to site

09:30 Brew

09:45 Get tools out

10am official brew

10:30 check H&S List

11:45 1st shift lunch (2nd shift cannot work without 1st shift present due to H&S)

12:45 2nd shift lunch (As above for 1st shift)

14:00 designated working power nap

14:30 Official work period

15:00 Official brew

15:45 check H&S was adhered to

16:00 pack up tools

16:15 Drive to Depot

16:45 brew

17:00 home time.

Am I right?

No you are not right,not everyone in the DoT works this way.......I agree there are a lot of knobheads, moreover in the civil service and a lot of workshy deadwood wasters in the manual side, but tarring everyone with the same brush is juvenile and really serves no basis to form a discussion....if you were employed by the government you would understand that it's the system that doesn't work, you try and correct it but in the end it just breaks you...you can't beat it and management get in the way of actually doing the job...most of us don't want to turn an 8 hour day into a 16 hour day by lazing around and taking the piss

Archived