Road Closed At Crosby Again

Tempus Fugit

how do you put a 4x4 on its roof in a 30mph zone ?

Agree with the Foxdale comment - Mines rd junction needs to be looked at again - it's a mess at best of times but with any additional traffic the parking almost on top of the junction makes it both a bottleneck and a danger spot.

on a previous occasion it was quicker to go to ballasalla and back up the ballamodha straight. the vehicle i was following went with the flow ( i've been there before so decided upon an alternative route ) and i glanced and saw it half way down the hill as i drove past with right of way.

but i totally agree that that junction is a ball ache at the best of times

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a 4x4 on its roof

Good. That's one less (rich man with a short cock's) penis extension on our roads.

If I wasn't afraid you'd actually try, I'd ask you to explain the logic behind that, but since there can't possibly be any (not logical logic anyway) I'm afraid I'll have to ask another question instead. Are you really so ignorant and bigoted you think all that tosh is (A) rational and (B) acceptable, or have I missed a really clever joke?

TBH I don't understand your post and I don't know what you're getting upset about. All I'm saying is that I'm glad to see one less 4x4 on our roads.

And what is a 'logical logic'?

how do you put a 4x4 on its roof in a 30mph zone ?

Its do-able at 30mph (as in maximum for a 30mph zone) if you hit a kurb or even a stationary car and put opposite lock on, with a higher centre of gravity thats enough to tip it, been shown on tests before, for instance 1 4x4 travelling at 30mph going into the front side of a car, it rolled over!

It is completely selfish of people who dont have driveways cause their houses are on a road to park close to their houses, where there arent any double yellow lines. arent they awful!!! so bloody selfish

lots of blue light activity outside the Crosby Hotel again, seems to be a black spot these days :(

There was a 4x4 on its roof,God only knows how he managed that? Anyway,from Crosby it took me an hour to get back to Peel because of the selfish twats who park right on the junction in higher Foxdale,making it impossible for traffic to run freely(at any time). The cars were backed-up back to the MSPCA.

That is all.

Fancy people wanting to park outside their own houses.

The houses where the cars are parked(illegally) have ample parking at the rear,I know because I lived there. The owners are just too lazy to walk the extra 10 metres.

on a previous occasion it was quicker to go to ballasalla and back up the ballamodha straight. the vehicle i was following went with the flow ( i've been there before so decided upon an alternative route ) and i glanced and saw it half way down the hill as i drove past with right of way.

but i totally agree that that junction is a ball ache at the best of times

I often go straight on at the duck pond and come out at Hope but that relies on the road being quiet

There was a 4x4 on its roof

Good. That's one less (rich man with a short cock's) penis extension on our roads.

just to make u feel better, i got 2 rich mans penis extensions as u call them,

does that make me rich!!!

it is also illegal to park on a way that obstructs a driveway

Don't suppose you happen to have the exact bit of law that says that have you jim, or a link or something?

I have a neighbour that parks in a fairly inconsiderate way, ie does this every day with his vehicle. It makes it awkward to get onto my own drive, and whilst I tolerate it and do not want to kick up a stink over it (as he's generally ok to speak to), it'd be nice to know the exact bit of law. Just in case.

There's a guy further down the road who never parks on his own drive. Instead, he parks on the road outside his house, but on the opposite side of the street to everyone else. Literally no-one else on the street parks on the side he does, so he creates a very narrow chicane that makes it really difficult for any large vehicles to get through, or anything towing a trailer. Totally selfish & ignorant, and I'd love to see for instance a fire engine come steaming through and mangle his car to give him a hint.

just to make u feel better, i got 2 rich mans penis extensions as u call them,

does that make me rich!!!

I was hopng it was another X5 off the road really. Apologies to you and anyone else out there who really does need their 4x4.

See photo....Not best quality as photographed from my screen, but you can see it was a Citroen Picasso.

ha ha thats some 4x4 that, maybe u should read up on your cars b4 passing comment Terminal

I know my cars gazza, and I didn't say it was a 4x4. I read it earlier in the thread. Read backwards.

I was hopng it was another X5 off the road really. Apologies to you and anyone else out there who really does need their 4x4.

I drive a disco and use it accordingly - would have really struggled with a different car over the last couple of years.

Must admit I do get a bit sick of hearing "all 4x4 owners are cocks" type comments, but at the same time I'd agree that the vast majority of them are excesses that are purely for image and no other purpose.

People are free to choose what car is within their means obviously, but it seems a bit of a waste of resources.

Archived