[BBC News] Boy charged with house stabbing

Newsbot

IMO, he's lucky, in the current knife-crime clampdown climate, that it's just wounding and all that.

There was an interesting programme on Radio 4 last night covering this kind of thing. The Criminal Mind (audio)

Joshua Rozenberg examines new medical insights into the criminal mind. He joins scientists as they examine the brains of violent criminals and sees startling evidence of physical brain damage caused by neglect and abuse during infancy. Joshua asks whether offenders who suffer from this kind of brain dysfunction can be held responsible for their behaviour.

Very enlightening stuff. Also explained a lot about the behaviour of certain people I have met in my lifetime too actually.

IMO, he's lucky, in the current knife-crime clampdown climate, that it's just wounding and all that.

What would you have charged him with?

I don't know the circumstances, but my point was actually that there's a political will to make examples of these cases more than usual at the moment, especially so in the UK. And we're usually a lot more to the right of them on the island.

I don't know the circumstances, but my point was actually that there's a political will to make examples of these cases more than usual at the moment, especially so in the UK. And we're usually a lot more to the right of them on the island.

I think there probably is the political will but according to the headline, the incident took place inside a house. Maybe that's treated differently than had it happened on the street.

You carry a knife and use it on someone without proof of defence then the answer is simple attempted murder

You carry a knife and use it on someone without proof of defence then the answer is simple attempted murder

He should be Charged with attempted Murder. Also use the American system, if they commit an adult crime they should be named. Age should not be a protection. Name and Shame

And you have some or any evidence to back up such a statement. As far as I am aware no details have been released so how can you take a view. Maybe it was self defence.

It was also on one report desrcibed as a domestic incident so presumably for any charge to go to Court that would imply one family member giving evidence another and requiring the pressing of charges by a family member which does not always happen in domestic incidents. Or does that only happen on TV?

He should be Charged with attempted Murder.

The urchin should be horsewhipped through the streets of Douglas, brought before a Deeemster in chains and sentenced to transportation for life to the antipodean colonies.

Grrrrrr!

The urchin should be horsewhipped through the streets of Douglas, brought before a Deeemster in chains and sentenced to transportation for life to the antipodean colonies.

Grrrrrr!

Or just made to watch neighbours.

I think he should also be hung, and then drawn and quartered with his own knife, handed over to the lynch mob, and put in the stocks too for good measure.

And then named, defamed, and proclaimed shamed and blamed - until he is possibly aclaimed framed and the lynch mob ashamed.

I know the person involved and obviously can't say eithier way.....or actually say what happened for legal reasons.

But to draw a basic line someone has been stabbed, a stabbing is an extreme thing to do and you should know by stabbing someone its going to cause serious injury or the odds are death.

It'll come out in due course, hopefully named and shamed.

Archived