Banners Banned ?

Tempus Fugit

As if it were the most serious matter to discuss in our national parliament these days, but what is the fixation this man has about banning advertising in fields ?, is it just that the Government doesn't govern it and can't rake in a premium for the coffers ?

I find it so ironic that the very chap pressing for banning distracting advertising should have learned to keep his eyes on the road :(

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The advertising at Blackboards is particularly distracting though. It's hard enough for some drivers just to navigate around the bend (not forgetting the ones who still indicate right) without having their heads turned to look at cars, banners and flags in the field.

They deserve to crash if they cant drive around a corner, driving 101....how to drive around a corner.

If you crash there, you must be abit of a spaz or a shit taxi driver.

and every time I go around the roundabout at onchan I am distracted by a garage forecourt, at the end of saddle road I am distracted by another car showroom where I may miss someone on the crossing, on Peel Rd I get distracted by signs for petrol prices and I may get distracted and pile into the back of the queue for the 'little scottish restaurant', let's just ban all advertising shall we ?

Regular advertising over a certain size, is controlled by planning. I was pointing out the hypocracy of our 'elected' officials.

funny how the drive safe type hoardings put all around the place for TT week by the government/dot including some in the country side on the mountain and down in glen helen don't count as distracting?? even though they are put in prime locations with the idea that people, INSTEAD of watching where they are going!!, look away from the road to read them!! these are what exactly?? safety messages that actually distract you and make you're driving MORE dangerous?? there are far more banners etc around QB, which takes a lot more concentration to drive through than just a left or right turn that we all know is there?? atleast the guy whining is the one that put the cunt into countryside

Archived