Banners Banned ?

Tempus Fugit

Yes, they did. <_<

Thats OK then.

The level of severity depends on whether one understands it as it is used in the United States or the United Kingdom [1]. In the UK it can be considered an offensive way to refer to the disabled[2], while in the US it is more closely associated with hyperactivity or clumsiness and carries few offensive connotations.

I claim my right to use Spaz in a previous thread, just the same as the Irish use the word 'crappy' when they mean they feel ill. I find the word 'crappy' offensive having suffered with a runny bottom on more than one occasion.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regular advertising over a certain size, is controlled by planning. I was pointing out the hypocracy of our 'elected' officials.

funny how the drive safe type hoardings put all around the place for TT week by the government/dot including some in the country side on the mountain and down in glen helen don't count as distracting?? even though they are put in prime locations with the idea that people, INSTEAD of watching where they are going!!, look away from the road to read them!! these are what exactly?? safety messages that actually distract you and make you're driving MORE dangerous?? there are far more banners etc around QB, which takes a lot more concentration to drive through than just a left or right turn that we all know is there?? atleast the guy whining is the one that put the cunt into countryside

Fixed advertising is covered by planning, whereas stuff on trailers (or otherwise moveable) is not.

Don't seem to be able to drive anywhere around Douglas at night, without being distracted by fires, stabbings or people being generally beaten up! I guess all of those dick heads (or spaz's) who drive around with their mobiles stuck to their lug holes don't get distracted though.

I understand why people have mentioned this although I have to admit that I can also see it from the property owners point of view. If you own a piece of land and you want to erect say a tent on the land and the tent carries a logo on the side of it, Nissan, for exapmle. Who really has the right to stop you from doing that. Likewise, if you own an area of land, who really has the right to stop you from spray painting your grass with white paint to spell out some really inappropriate word which people in their autumn years, like Alberto would positively object too?

Needing planning permission on property is one thing and advertising in the countryside is another. However, advertising in the countryside on your own land and not needing planning permission is totally different.

Regular advertising over a certain size, is controlled by planning. I was pointing out the hypocracy of our 'elected' officials.

funny how the drive safe type hoardings put all around the place for TT week by the government/dot including some in the country side on the mountain and down in glen helen don't count as distracting?? even though they are put in prime locations with the idea that people, INSTEAD of watching where they are going!!, look away from the road to read them!! these are what exactly?? safety messages that actually distract you and make you're driving MORE dangerous?? there are far more banners etc around QB, which takes a lot more concentration to drive through than just a left or right turn that we all know is there?? atleast the guy whining is the one that put the cunt into countryside

Fixed advertising is covered by planning, whereas stuff on trailers (or otherwise moveable) is not.

planning or not, the complaint seems centred around the distraction aspect, and nothing to do with planning which by clever lack of use of hoardings seems to have been circumvented, legally. which has took control from the powers that be and they don't like it. you can bet if the field was the postmans it wouldn't be an issue.

The Queen of Ballasalla obviously gets very upset at what is happening at blackboards, it is far to close to her fairy bridge !

Join date May 08 and this is your first post? I would have thought you'd come up with something better after all this time...

Archived