Banners Banned ?

Tempus Fugit

I doubt there is much that can be done about this and to introduce a new law to ban them would be opening up a right can of worms.

I would have thought that the red neon advertising sign at Mount Murray was far worthier of Mr Lowey's attention. But Mount Murray is a protected place and has its own laws it seems.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I see the advertising van parking at the roundabout at Governor's Hill in the morning. I quite like to see how innovative people are to make money, especially during the economic downturn. At least on that spot it can't be a safety hazard because cars can't drive fast due to the traffic jam anyway.

I would have thought that the red neon advertising sign at Mount Murray was far worthier of Mr Lowey's attention. But Mount Murray is a protected place and has its own laws it seems.

To be fair he (and I'm sure it was him talking about the blackboards on Manx Radio the other day) did mention that sign at the Mount Murray saying it should never have been allowed because it too is so distracting.

I think the cops should have an opinion in all this and be allowed to object. They know the blackspots and how to assess distractions.

Archived