Vandalism Of Fred Goodwin's Home

La_Dolce_Vita

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090325/tuk-e...ke-a7ad41d.html

I would have rather have seen his home (or homes, who knows) utterly stripped of anything in value by burglars, as it doesn't look as if anything can be done to stop him receiving these funds.

Though I must I don't feel much pity if he will for some time be concerned for his own security.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attacking someone's home is a despicably cowardly act. I think he ought to employ Tony Martin to look after the place!

I don't think cowardice is despicable. I consider this person to be guilty of massive theft. He salary and pension in the job just serves to take the piss out of other workers, people who have lost jobs, and those affected by RBS's problems.

I don't think cowardice is despicable. I consider this person to be guilty of massive theft. He salary and pension in the job just serves to take the piss out of other workers, people who have lost jobs, and those affected by RBS's problems.

I'd love to see your perspective if someone took the law into their own hands against you.

These actions do a disservice to those truly affected by the ramifications of his action (or inaction)....more pikeys acting in the so called name of those wronged.

Two wrongs and all that.....

It was wrong to run the bank into the ground, and it was wrong to take the £700K pension and a reward...and yet Freds all right ain't he?

I toally disagree with vigilantism, and unfortunately I think this is just the start of this kinda shoite going on.

Though Fred should realise that many millions of people are also starting to live in fear as a result of his and others' actions. Fear of losing houses, fear of not being able to pay bills or feed the kids properly etc. I do think he should be put on trial for some kind of corporate crimey type of thing tho - e.g. misuse of business capital funds, finance rules SOXA etc. etc. Surely a lawyer could find something?

I'd love to see your perspective if someone took the law into their own hands against you.

I doubt somehow I will become a thieving bastard, earning undue millions with a pension sum I should not have, having been heavily responsible for job losses and home repossessions.

I do think if such vandalism puts his family at great fear then it is not right. Maybe it would have been better to go after his car collection.

I doubt somehow I will become a thieving bastard, earning undue millions with a pension sum I should not have, having been heavily responsible for job losses and home repossessions.

I do think if such vandalism puts his family at great fear then it is not right. Maybe it would have been better to go after his car collection.

I mean in a more general sense. Someone deciding you've done something wrong and punishing you for it, particularly if you yourself thing you've down nowt wrong.

You lack perspective in my view.

It was wrong to run the bank into the ground,

A year ago certain MF posters were arguing that debt had value and everything was good. Remember those debts that have cost the taxpayer so dearly were debts originally incurred the the taxpayer.

and it was wrong to take the £700K pension

Was it? He agreed to leave and for go all his bonus and share rights provided he could keep his pension. That was agreed by Lord Myners department although he now claims he new nothing about it. That does not sound very wrong to me.

Though Fred should realise that many millions of people are also starting to live in fear as a result of his and others' actions.

Mainly the government's actions (Broon) who failed to regulate the banks sufficiently. And now they continue to screw things up for the rest of us. Even Mervin King has come out and spoken against Broon.

I don't think cowardice is despicable. I consider this person to be guilty of massive theft. He salary and pension in the job just serves to take the piss out of other workers, people who have lost jobs, and those affected by RBS's problems

"A person who seeks to overturn by violence all constituted forms and institutions of society and government, with no purpose of establishing any other system of order in the place of that destroyed" (i.e. an anarchist) probably would approve of such actions by cowardly and destructive criminals.

"A person who advocates liberty, esp. with regard to thought or conduct" (i.e. a libertarian) might not find it so easy to do so.

On the other hand, someone suffering from "a relatively rare dissociative disorder in which the usual integrity of the personality breaks down and two or more independent personalities emerge" (i.e. split personality disorder), might be able to manage it.

Are you having treatment?

I mean in a more general sense. Someone deciding you've done something wrong and punishing you for it, particularly if you yourself thing you've down nowt wrong.

You lack perspective in my view.

And you think the legal system will have the necessary perspective? The law in this country does not in my mind necessarily follow what is right and wrong, though it tries to define it.

It isn't that I lack perspective; I have a perspective.

The law in this country does not in my mind necessarily follow what is right and wrong, though it tries to define it.

How would you feel if I decided that in my view, the laws in this country on common assault were wrong and I should be allowed to punch you repeatedly in the face?

It was wrong to run the bank into the ground,

A year ago certain MF posters were arguing that debt had value and everything was good. Remember those debts that have cost the taxpayer so dearly were debts originally incurred the the taxpayer.

I certainly hope you are not grouping me with those certain MF posters.

LDV you have now sunk to a new low by condoning the act of vandalism against another persons property, it matters not if he is a millionare or a pauper on benifits, a hardened criminal or a law abiding citizen, it is still a low act by what can only be described as scum when a persons property is meaninglessly vandalised.

Archived