On-line Shopping On The Isle Of Man

Doraemon

Hello,

Shopping seems to be close to the hearts of many Islanders, and more and more residents use the internet for shopping.

A group of undergraduate students at The International Business School is currently doing some research on this topic. As part of her dissertation project, Helen Ashcroft, an undergraduate of Business Management at the Isle of Man International Business School, is setting out to explore the shopping patterns of Manx consumers particularly in relation to online shopping.

To reach a more representative sample of the population, Helen has already sent paper questionnaires to a random selection of residents. This is now being supplemented by an online questionnaire at

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=uXCz...O_2fZKgpA_3d_3d

I would be grateful if you could spare 10 to 15 minutes of your time to complete this questionnaire for us. If you are interested in the results of this survey, or if you have any other questions, comments or concerns about this questionnaire, please do not hesitate to contact either of us. I am the project supervisor.

Thank you.

Andreas Nabor

I somehow think local shops are not going to be too pleased with the results

Surely asking users of an online forum to fill out a online questionairre about shopping online is not going to give particulary balanced results.

Surely asking users of an online forum to fill out a online questionairre about shopping online is not going to give particulary balanced results.

That's why it says this in the OP:

"To reach a more representative sample of the population, Helen has already sent paper questionnaires to a random selection of residents. This is now being supplemented by an online questionnaire at"

That's why it says this in the OP:

"To reach a more representative sample of the population, Helen has already sent paper questionnaires to a random selection of residents. This is now being supplemented by an online questionnaire at"

I read that bit after I posted :rolleyes:

I assume that a random 'selection' is not that random, more likely friends and family of college students and most of those with children in higher education would probably have a computer/ broadband in the house.

All the same the results would be intersting, and it would be nice to have more surveys online for manx market research.

I assume that a random 'selection' is not that random, more likely friends and family of college students and most of those with children in higher education would probably have a computer/ broadband in the house.

All the same the results would be intersting, and it would be nice to have more surveys online for manx market research.

Thank you very much for your interest in this topic, your responses to the survey so far and all your comments. Please carry on responding to the survey if you haven't yet done so! Sure, I am happy to post the results here or post a link to the results as they may become rather bulky for an internet forum.

The selection of 1500 addresses for the paper survey was randomly sampled from the publicly available part of the electoral role which we believe is the best we can get - still acknowledging its limitations. Results from the paper survey and the online survey will be analysed separately and compared where appropriate.

Andreas

Archived