Treating Gay People

La_Dolce_Vita

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what I said - same evidence, different conclusions. Your determination to be right might lead someone to conclude that it is indeed you who is desperate to force evidence into preconceptions! Anyway, we clearly aren't going to get anywhere with this, are we?

in 1984 I was hitchin a ride to my home town, early morn about 1.30.2.00 am, just after a few miles a kind chap in a mini stopped to give me a "ride,"after a short while he tried to rape me, dumped tthe car at the side of the road with the excuse it had run out of petrol, it was tight against the hedge and I could not get out, he propositioned me and I refused, after he battered , then tried th shag me, I found the courage to turn around in my seat and kick the living shit out of him, eventually he let me out of the car and drove away, whilst he was leaving I threw a large stone into his back window, when i got home i reported it to the police, nothing was done," I dont like gays" and thats my reason.

in 1984 I was hitchin a ride to my home town, early morn about 1.30.2.00 am, just after a few miles a kind chap in a mini stopped to give me a "ride,"after a short while he tried to rape me, dumped tthe car at the side of the road with the excuse it had run out of petrol, it was tight against the hedge and I could not get out, he propositioned me and I refused, after he battered , then tried th shag me, I found the courage to turn around in my seat and kick the living shit out of him, eventually he let me out of the car and drove away, whilst he was leaving I threw a large stone into his back window, when i got home i reported it to the police, nothing was done," I dont like gays" and thats my reason.

Now that didn't really happen did it...............

should have listerned to your mum,

dont take lifts of ppl you dont know

He could have quite easily have been straight (and probably was), there's a lot of guys out there that would try it on with anyone, but it sounds about right about the coppers, just the other day i saw a situation that could have done with a copper directing the traffic due to drivers having to overtake in an awkward blindspot, along came one but he saw this situation and turned off into a side street, obviously near his tea break or knocking off time, chocolate fireguard springs to mind!!!

Exactly what I said - same evidence, different conclusions. Your determination to be right might lead someone to conclude that it is indeed you who is desperate to force evidence into preconceptions! Anyway, we clearly aren't going to get anywhere with this, are we?

Yet what conclusions would most of the readers of this thread make? I doubt many, if any, would agree with your line of thinking and I think most would agree that homophobic preconceptions are what lead you to come to the conclusions you have made.

LDV - neither you nor I know what most readers of this thread would make of it and even if we did I doubt the denizens of this forum represent a fair cross-section of the population anyway. What you think is all very well but just because you think it doesn't mean it's true! In any event, what makes you think that a majority opinion is necessarily correct? When Darwin first published his Origin of Species the vast majority of people thought he was talking twaddle - bit of a different story now.

LDV - neither you nor I know what most readers of this thread would make of it and even if we did I doubt the denizens of this forum represent a fair cross-section of the population anyway. What you think is all very well but just because you think it doesn't mean it's true! In any event, what makes you think that a majority opinion is necessarily correct? When Darwin first published his Origin of Species the vast majority of people thought he was talking twaddle - bit of a different story now.

This isn't about truths. You have homophobic attitudes and are trying to justify the possibility of eliminating homosexuality. And Chinahand hasn't used the article to satisfy his ideas or understanding. He just reproduced the content of the article. You ran off with some idea that somehow we should come to the thinking that it is time to remove homosexuality from society, but that wasn't in the article. I'd have thought you were trolling just for the sake given that how ridiculous the statements are.

That's right, LDV, stamp your little feet, hurl abuse and throw a tantrum when people will not agree with you. You really are an intolerant person, aren't you? Probably you think AC Grayling talks sense! 'Nuff said!

I notice you ignore my questions to you.

Just goes to show, Chinahand - whatever the results of scientific enquiry people still reach different conclusions from the same evidence. It seems to me that if I am desperate then so are you.

Nothing personal but ---

But did it ever occur to you that with your user name threads on homosexuality may be better to steer clear of!

Evil Goblin - you seem to think the world would be a better place without any gay people - why do you think that, and what would really be the difference?

Is this about orifices (which isn't really relevent for lesbianism anyway)? Or is there anything else to it.

Oh and who would you recommend for philosophical writings about our moral and ethical predictament (genuine question!).

Just goes to show, Chinahand - whatever the results of scientific enquiry people still reach different conclusions from the same evidence. It seems to me that if I am desperate then so are you.

Nothing personal but ---

But did it ever occur to you that with your user name threads on homosexuality may be better to steer clear of!

Took me a minute to get that one, Rog - LOL.

Evil Goblin - you seem to think the world would be a better place without any gay people - why do you think that, and what would really be the difference?

Is this about orifices (which isn't really relevent for lesbianism anyway)? Or is there anything else to it.

Oh and who would you recommend for philosophical writings about our moral and ethical predictament (genuine question!).

Chinahand - I would strongly recommend John Gray who has, in my humble opinion, the best grasp possible of the nature of human existence (whether he would agree with me on this subject or not would make no difference to that view).

"Is this about orifices (which isn't really relevent for lesbianism anyway)?" - really? Whilst orifice related matters are not the whole story by any means it is a bit much to totally ignore them.

I do not think that the world would be a better place without homosexuals - simply that it wouldn't be any worse either. In such circumstance it seems entirely reasonable to remove a deviance from the species.

Archived