Police Hard Work

Cossack

For the record, I got held up with a knife on Douglas Promenade. I wanted to break the little shits arm off and shove it down his fucken throat but I would end up in the nick for such an act. I stood up to the wee bastard for 20 minutes until he was persuaded to fuck off home. By chance, a minute later a police car came down the road and I told them what had happened and directed them to where the wee shit had sloped off.

They lost him. Fair enough. They came back took my name and details and that was it. Nothing. The two boys in blue carried on with the night's business. I imagined to get their fish 'n' chips but perhaps that is me being cynical.

I had a full description of every inch of the scum's face as I had just been staring desperately at it for the past 20 minutes.

A few days later, nearby, a man knifed a person in Derby Road.

I often wonder if the incident could have been prevented.

I had possessions stolen from my house including cash. The apparently dis-interested police were informed, so our family did our own investigations with neighbours etc. We got the name of one of the shits seen hanging about nearby at the time and who later had an unusual amount of money on him.

We informed the police.

They did this . . . . .

Fuck all.

Sweet, saccharine coated FUCK ALL.

Aye, ya can't beat catching a dude for murder to allow our thin blue line to have a good old knees up.

Meanwhile, for the sake of a wee bit of getting off yer arses, a number of lives of decent, worthwhile citizens have become even further disenchanted with the gloating, smug, boasting, highly-pensioned establishment that seem to prevail so heavily on this Island.

RIP Terry btw.

I got held up with a knife on Douglas Promenade. I wanted to break the little shits arm off and shove it down his fucken throat but I would end up in the nick for such an act.

Errrr, why didn't you then?

I doubt if there would be a Jury in the land that would convict you for defending yourself.

I had possessions stolen from my house including cash. The apparently dis-interested police were informed, so our family did our own investigations with neighbours

This rings a bell. You're not the person who's family are/where in the boarding House trade and brought this up before are you ?

I got held up with a knife on Douglas Promenade. I wanted to break the little shits arm off and shove it down his fucken throat but I would end up in the nick for such an act.

Errrr, why didn't you then?

I doubt if there would be a Jury in the land that would convict you for defending yourself.

In such a situation I know I would have no concept of "reasonable restraint". As I said and meant, had I taken physical action I would have quite literally ripped his arm off. Severely broken at very least. I had been walking along Douglas promenade minding my own business when this happened. The last thing I was looking for was spending a few days in the police station writing statements followed by a criminal trial persuading any jury in the land that I was defending myself. The guy was dangerous, and the police needed to know about him. They thought differently.

I had possessions stolen from my house including cash. The apparently dis-interested police were informed, so our family did our own investigations with neighbours

This rings a bell. You're not the person who's family are/where in the boarding House trade and brought this up before are you ?

Yes, I will have brought this up before. I have no connections with the boarding house trade.

I have always had a high degree of respect for our police and still have of course. It's just that when I look at my own experiences I find it difficult to somehow excuse the complacency.

So back on thread . . . . well done the police for doing what they have done. Give yourselves a pat on the back, but please, don't come to me for congratulation for doing your job this time.

...don't come to me for congratulation for doing your job this time.

When they stopped me for speeding last week, did they come and ask you for congratulations? Bloody cheek, I'll remember that!

it's very easy to say "if i was held up with a knife, i would just beat the shit out of the person", but in actual reality the chance of that happening is quite slim. As a brown belt, i know as much as about self defence as most, but having trained in knife defence, it's almost impossible to take one off someone without getting slashed or stabbed quite a few times, especially when adrenaline kicks in

If someone holds me up with a knife and threatens to stab me if i don't hand over the £20 in my pocket, i'll hand it over. Is it worth being stabbed for it?

Just my opinion.

it's very easy to say "if i was held up with a knife, i would just beat the shit out of the person", but in actual reality the chance of that happening is quite slim. As a brown belt, i know as much as about self defence as most, but having trained in knife defence, it's almost impossible to take one off someone without getting slashed or stabbed quite a few times, especially when adrenaline kicks in

If someone holds me up with a knife and threatens to stab me if i don't hand over the £20 in my pocket, i'll hand it over. Is it worth being stabbed for it?

Just my opinion.

I pity the fool who ever tries it on me :P

I dont have 20 quid :P

Archived