School Cuts

hugh janus

In the notes to staff that went out this AM ..

Budget reduced by £143,600.00

'This substantial reduction in the Schools Budget will have to be afforded and undoubtedly some unpalatable decisions will result. Colleagues should be aware of this. A list of areas where potential savings can be made will be prepared after Easter and presented to colleagues'

No wonder the Head wants to retire at the end of the school year.

They could start with BHS, get rid of the overly expensive homework 'filofaxes', the professional Art books, the LCD TV notice boards, the list of unnecessary spending on gadgets & not on education goes on.

My guess is St Ninians.

Those planners at balla are superb, imho, well worth the money.

Lets hope they do not skim any money off the school meals by all accounts they are pretty c*ap,(the school where the head is retiring at the end of this year). :angry: I hear that on to many occasions when the later group go in for their meals there is nothing left or things like plenty of rice but no curry so the lunch time meals can consist of crisp baps. Now me personaly I enjoy a crisp bap every now and again but when you have the schools hammering home about healthy eating/choices someone somewhere needs to take a look at this chefs ordering (as in quantities) skills.

I can't see what the problem is by asking schools to be prudent with what they spend. £150k is not a massive amount of money to have to cut back on - in my day they had nothing they could cut back on whereas now they are running IT departments that would put big businessess to shame and spending money on stupid electronic noticeboards.

What is wrong with asking for a bit of fiscal prudence in the worst financial climate for 50 years?

I can't see what the problem is by asking schools to be prudent with what they spend. £150k is not a massive amount of money to have to cut back on - in my day they had nothing they could cut back on whereas now they are running IT departments that would put big businessess to shame and spending money on stupid electronic noticeboards.

What is wrong with asking for a bit of fiscal prudence in the worst financial climate for 50 years?

:cool: :cool: I'll bet it's Hogwarts. ;) ;)

Archived