Callow's Yard

When Skies Are Grey

This Manx obsession with ice rinks MonoRails is borderline psychotic. Has anyone here actually been ice skating on a Monorail? It's crap.

Fixed your post

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, Bona fide, Electrified, Six-car Monorail!

You may have heard these things are loud...but it glides as softly as a cloud.

And if you think the track could bend...not on your life, my posting friend.

And as for all the brain-dead slobs...they all be given cushy jobs.

I swear it's Springfield's Castletown's only choice...so throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!

This Manx obsession with ice rinks is borderline psychotic. Has anyone here actually been ice skating? It's crap.

WHAT ! Ice skating is crap, how dare you slag of the Holy Grail that will save society and our way of life here on the Island.

But it will need to be the size of 2 football pitches, have to be real ice made from pure mountain spring water, be free to use for all those that want to skate, open all year round 7 days a week 24 hours a day, incase someone wants to use it.

(I think that has covered anyone’s complaints, remember the last attempt they tried but got slated for it)

I don't think it's a 'manx' obsession you should know us manx crabs don't like change.

This Manx obsession with ice rinks is borderline psychotic. Has anyone here actually been ice skating? It's crap.

WHAT ! Ice skating is crap, how dare you slag of the Holy Grail that will save society and our way of life here on the Island.

But it will need to be the size of 2 football pitches, have to be real ice made from pure mountain spring water, be free to use for all those that want to skate, open all year round 7 days a week 24 hours a day, incase someone wants to use it.

...and have a pub in the middle of it...

For the kids.

Not crap unless all you do is fall down, its good fun actually.

Then its things like ice hockey, that'd be good, "Manx Ice hockey champions"... :lol:

The interesting thing about this is that Callow's Yard has been built despite virulent and rancorous opposition from Castletown Commissioners.

Too often, it appears that local government think that it's their duty to preserve rather than progress - as if they want to place their own little communities inside a never-changing time capsule - and it seems to be particularly endemic in the south of the island.

I sincerely hope that, whether or not the ice-rink is a success, the scheme as a whole flourishes and that the people of the area remember the commisioners' objections to it when the local elections come around again.

Here here, i full agree with Lonan3's comments!

... there is plenty of scope for a similar type of development in Ramsey ...

Where in Ramsey?

the covered shopping between the new co-op (former Safeways) and Parliment Street? Half of these shops are now sadly empty. Government seriously needs to consider supporting the retail industry.

... there is plenty of scope for a similar type of development in Ramsey ...

Where in Ramsey?

The whole of the quayside from the Stanley up to west street,right through to parliament street.

Not crap unless all you do is fall down, its good fun actually.

Then its things like ice hockey, that'd be good, "Manx Ice hockey champions"... :lol:

Sign me up for the ice hockey ! There's nowt like watching a good punch up then a hockey match breaking out :)

This Manx obsession with ice rinks MonoRails is borderline psychotic. Has anyone here actually been ice skating on a Monorail? It's crap.

Fixed your post

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, Bona fide, Electrified, Six-car Monorail!

You may have heard these things are loud...but it glides as softly as a cloud.

And if you think the track could bend...not on your life, my posting friend.

And as for all the brain-dead slobs...they all be given cushy jobs.

I swear it's Springfield's Castletown's only choice...so throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!

Not interested unless it's a Maglev Monorail......

Maglev Monorail! Maglev Monorail! Maglev Monorail! Maglev Monorail!

Archived