What A Waste

homarus

We, the public vote in the politicians who decide that the supply of heroin is unlawful.

Heroin is in demand by many, many people.

The law makes supply illegal - it is not regulated and in the hands of criminals.

We all know that this supply involves extortion, poisoning and other criminal matters.

What would happen if heroin was supplied for free on the NHS with conditions that users took part in a rehab programme?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word that occurs a lot in this thread is "education".

I first heard the word "educate" when some rather large busy-body woman on Port Erin Commissioners announced that "we need to educate the people of Port Erin". I forget what the subject was exactly, but nonetheless, I wondered who this woman was who had suddenly found herself in a position to "educate" me.

Similarly with drugs (and many other matters) on this Island, the so called educators are often little more than highly paid and pensioned fuckwits. True, on this matter, there would appear to be some hard working souls trying their very best. But obviously even them, it's not quite good enough.

Isn't it amazing that just 10 or 12 years ago we had hardly heard of heroin on this Island.

One word that occurs a lot in this thread is "education".

I first heard the word "educate" when some rather large busy-body woman on Port Erin Commissioners announced that "we need to educate the people of Port Erin". I forget what the subject was exactly, but nonetheless, I wondered who this woman was who had suddenly found herself in a position to "educate" me.

Similarly with drugs (and many other matters) on this Island, the so called educators are often little more than highly paid and pensioned fuckwits. True, on this matter, there would appear to be some hard working souls trying their very best. But obviously even them, it's not quite good enough.

Isn't it amazing that just 10 or 12 years ago we had hardly heard of heroin on this Island.

I'm amazed you think that.

Am I the only one who finds it hard to feel sorry for this kid?

He took drugs, not just drugs heroin, its not as if the effects aren’t well documented. He gambled he lost, lets just call it a little chlorine in the gene pool.

I’m very much with you on this matter.

Personally I would like to see all ‘social’ drugs legalised and made available in the same way that alcohol and tobacco is.

That way the market for drugs being only served by criminals would collapse, the prices would fall, and the people who were inclined to take drugs for whatever reason would very soon take themselves out of society and if it is correct that there is am ‘addictive’ gene, out of the gene pool.

In addition the collapse in the price of drugs would severely reduce the present need for drug abusers to engage in crime to pay for their wants and so we would all benefit.

Moreover as a few bodies were turning up and a few addicts were seen stumbling around ‘In extremis’ the attraction of drugs as a means of expressing rebellion would dam soon disappear.

As for those who accidentally fall into drug use, if such people do exist, so what. The loss of a few would be well worth the overall benefit.

As for helping existing addicts, bugger them. I’m with Voltaire when he writes ‘Tout est pour le meilleur dans le meilleur des mondes’ and I agree with his character Pangloss when he replies ‘Tout est pour le mieux’.

It would be.

As for helping existing addicts, bugger them. I’m with Voltaire when he writes ‘Tout est pour le meilleur dans le meilleur des mondes’ and I agree with his character Pangloss when he replies ‘Tout est pour le mieux’.

It would be.

Show off!

No, educated.

It would be.

Show off!

No, educated.

Apparently so.

You do realise that 99.999% of people are not born junkies.

That's bullshit, plenty of people have personality traits that lead them down the road of self destructive behaviour.

Here's the news ....

If your an alcoholic YOU'RE A DICKHEAD

If you inject drugs YOU'RE A DICKHEAD

If you smoke YOU'RE A DICKHEAD

Just why does all this public money have to be spent telling people who are dickheads that they are dickheads?

I don't think the 'dickhead' criteria is very well thought out. Besides I am talking about educating kids and society in general. Not just those already addicted. I don't think education is going to help them lose their addiction, they already know what they are like!

You need to educate these kids in the realities of drug use and possible consequences, even to the point of showing them photos of dead kids or other such shock measures. IMO

I'm sick and f****g tired of reading the pro-drug shite that gets posted on here on a regular basis .

Drugs kill , drugs destroy families ! that is the reality

But I think it should have balance. The illegality of drinks creates the moral climate which isn't helping as I think it has trouble justifying itself in comparison with other drugs. There should be complete honesty about why people do them, what it feels like, but explain the dangers as well. (Or that would seem to make sense to me)

It must have been longer than that. It was only about eight years and I was surprised just how many people were heroin addicts.

That's bullshit, plenty of people have personality traits that lead them down the road of self destructive behaviour.

Here's the news ....

Just why does all this public money have to be spent telling people who are dickheads that they are dickheads?

Where do you draw the line at what's justified for NHS/public money treatment? If you have a baby you're a dickhead? If you break your leg playing rugby you're a dickhead? If you ate too many pies and become diabetic you're a dickhead?

Rog: decriminalising heroin would put a massive, and in my opinion, unsustainable strain on our healthcare system.

Here's the news ....

Where do you draw the line at what's justified for NHS/public money treatment? If you have a baby you're a dickhead? If you break your leg playing rugby you're a dickhead? If you ate too many pies and become diabetic you're a dickhead?

There is absolutely no need to bring pies into the debate! :D

I remember seeing a news report on how one country like Norway or sweden was tackling its own drug problem by offering all the drug users in certain cities and villages the Facilities which looked a bit like a betting shop

inside there was a medical officer who would supply them clean needles, swabs, and a clean environment in which to take their poison, also offer them the opportunity to talk to them about the addiction and even in certain situations they would supply a safe clean controlled drug to uses to stop them going out and committing crimes to feed their habit and looking at the results shown in the programme it looked to be very successful,

Basically they managed to get a grip on a situation that they had NO control over,

after only 3-6 months they knew nearly all the drug users in the trial areas and were able to help many cut down on dependency and regularity of use , many users had voluntarily started a rehab programme as help programmes were explained to them while using they used the facility , also street crime and robberies had reduced by 40%

to me it sounded like a good plan

Just what I was thinking. Why do people feel the need to control others?

Archived